Complaint Review: Western Union

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Western Union
www.westernunion.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Western Union double charge from bad website Internet

I just had a bad experience with Western Union. I was on their slow not designed for dial-up website and created an account. I tried to transfer money 3 times and it kept hanging, I had no confirmation on the web site and no e-mail confirmation, so I gave up on the web site and called the poorly designed "automated" phone system that was written by some programmer that does not understand the flow of how anything works, I finally got thru to a live person and had to give the same information to her that I just entered on my phone.

She said the transfer went through. Okay everthing should be good now. Nope... I double check my bank account and it has two charges one for the internet transfer which I never got a confirmation on and also the transfer I placed on the phone. I will never use Western Unoin again if I can help it. I called up Western Union again and said my bank was charged twice, she said only one charge, the phone transfer showed up on here end, I will have to wait until Monday to see if the other website charge is gone. Western Union charges high service fees for something that should take a few minutes but takes 3 hours. I am going to use another service or directly transfer through my bank $3 for a $500 transfer verses Western Union which is $49

Fix this mess
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2008 10:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/nationwide/Western-Union-double-charge-from-bad-website-Internet-345472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union