Complaint Review: Westernline International World Sweepstakes

• Submitted: Sat, March 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:Waipahu Hawaii
Westernline International World Sweepstakes
8097 Butterfield Drive Elkridge, Maryland U.S.A.

Westernline International World Sweepstakes Award Winning Notification, Cash check, send THEM Money Gram, Jessica Wilson Elkridge Maryland

After receiving an letter postmarked from Canada, with a letter head address of Elkridge MD and a check inclosed from a legitimate bank in Sherman Oaks CA in the amount of $2,180.00 I was instructed to call to find out how to receive my "total prize money" in the maount of $46,500.00 USD cash." The number to call was 1-514-815-4512 as soon as possible. My "payment coordinator Mrs. Mary Wilson or Mr. Michael Simmons would assist us in finalizing the payment process.

I called a was told this was a legitimate winnings from Publisher's Clearing HOuse. The reason for the check was to cover the charge/fees required to be paid prior to receiving my winnings. After calling back a second time I was instructed to send a Money Gram to my agent: Jessica Wilson (no relation to Mrs. Mary Wilson) at 123 Gard Avenue, New York, NY 10024. This money gram would cost me $100.00 to send above and beyone the $2,180.00 charges/fees.

When I proceed to ask more questions I was stopped and told that she (Mrs. Mary Wilson) was only there to give me information on how to collect my winnings. When I advise her she was being rude and Publisher's clearing house would never employ somewhat like herself she hung up.

The check looks legitimate, the bank is legitimate. I will call the bank on MOnday to advise them of this problem.

Kathy
Waipahu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westernline-International-World-Sweepstakes/Elkridge-Maryland-21075/Westernline-International-World-Sweepstakes-Award-Winning-Notification-Cash-check-send-T-436372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westernline International World Sweepstakes