Complaint Review: Westgate Lake Resort

Westgate Lake Resort
10000 Turkey Lake Rd Orlando, FL Orlando, Florida United States of America

Westgate Lake Resort Fun and Sun getaway Scam!! Orlando , Florida

*Consumer Comment: Buy timeshares - Not a good deal

We're going to Disney World this May for three days before we head to St. Pete's beach for a week. We just wanted a cheap hotel to use to sleep as we will be at Disney all day for the three days. Westgate Lake in Orlando seemed extremely cheap, yet nice and close to Disney. The reviews seemed decent enough so I called to get the regular rate. The lady talked me into getting 3 nights/4 days for a total of $98, but I had to listen to a 90 min time share presentation. I didn't like the sound of that and asked numerous questions. She assured me it was 90 min, I could do it anytime during my stay, that there was NO pressure to buy etc...I agreed and paid the $98 right then. Well I felt weird about it and researched some more and boom I found this site and many more. They claim you qualify, then they turn the 90 min presentation into 4-6 hours (while my kid would be waiting to see Disney) they refuse to sign off that you attended until you buy, and if you absolutely refuse to buy, they lie and say you never qualified to hear it and charge you back the real rates of $150 per night, $50 incidentals (that you never get back) $10 per day Internet fee and $10 per day resort fee, plus the original $98 charge leaving your credit card with a $6-700 charge. I immediately called to cancel and here's where they proved how unscrupulous they are. The email stated they have reps available to cancel until 10pm cst. I called at 8pm est. There were two options. Press #1 for New sales or #2 for existing. I pressed 2 and was sent to voicemail. I called back and pressed 1 and amazingly got a live rep! I explained my situation and she told me she's only a sales agent and can't cancel and not one service agent is in. I told her my fathers an attorney (he actually is though retired) and I want this canceled and I've called my credit card and reported this as unauthorized. She told me someone would call me. I emailed them threatening legal action and oddly got a response in 2 minutes apologizing and canceling my order. This person claimed they'd just changed their hours. Yeah right! Stay away from this place! I shudder to think what could have happened!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Lake-Resort/Orlando-Florida-/Westgate-Lake-Resort-Fun-and-Sun-getaway-Scam-Orlando-Florida-1035986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Lake Resort

Buy timeshares - Not a good deal

AUTHOR: TeresaSantos - ()

Buy timeshares is never a good idea. But for those who really feel they need one I make one recommendation: Never buy from the developer. Always wait for timeshares to appear on the secondary market, usually at half-price. People like you get excited at the new developments and jump right in, only to become disillusioned later and dump the property onto the secondary market, at a loss, for a patient, informed buyer to take advantage of.