Complaint Review: Westgate Lakes Resort

• Submitted: Thu, April 13, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:irwin Pennsylvania
Westgate Lakes Resort
2801 Professional Parkway Orlando,, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-811-8760
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Westgate Resorts Ripoff DECEITFUL MISLEADING DISHONESt THIEVES Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: read the document labeled "cancelation"

I attended a time share presentation - lasted 3 hours instead of 1 1/2 hours. Two very deceitful people that I encountered were Maria Rod... and Paul Ord.. I repeatedly advised them I was not interested. I had a very important dinner date and had to leave. The only way I could get out of there was to give them $30 to hold a property x 24 hours while I made a final decision. Paul Ord.. advised me I had THIRTY days to cancel a contract.

The next day I called Maria Rodri....at her personal cell phone number - 4 times as well as at Westgate leaving recorded messages that I did not want the property and requesting a call back.

I received no call back. On Day 11 after my visit, I received a welcome to the FAMILY letter from David Seigle. I immediately called to advise them that a mistake had been made, I did not purchase anything. I was then advised it was day 11 and I only had 10 days to recind. I spoke to several people advising them of my calls. They would not honor my verbal messages left on their answer machines.

These people are lying and deceitful. I would like to get involved in a class action lawsuit against them. Please advise if you know of any lawsuits pending or in the works. They need to be stopped.

Katie
Irwin, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2006 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Lakes-Resort/Orlando-Florida/Westgate-Resorts-Ripoff-DECEITFUL-MISLEADING-DISHONESt-THIEVES-Orlando-Florida-186535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Lakes Resort

#1 Consumer Suggestion

read the document labeled "cancelation"

AUTHOR: Stupidpeepseverywhere - (U.S.A.)

If you read one of the documents w.g. makes you sign about the recission period you would know that you have to send the cancelation in writing. Dang you are an idiot, if you bought a house and opted out would you leave a voice mail???