Complaint Review: Westgate Planet Hollywood

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — United States of America
Westgate Planet Hollywood
7881 W Charleson Blvd. Suite 160 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Westgate Planet Hollywood Planet Hollywood Towers by Westgate You Can Cancel!!!! Read my story, I'll explain how I got my loan assumption cancelled Las Vegas, Nevada

Hi, I am writing this report to help anyone who purchased a Westgate timeshare via a loan assumption and who was told they cannot cancel.  Here's my story, and I hope this helps anyone else get out of a shoddy contract.  Even if there is a perceived value in a timeshare, they sell online for far less.  They are deeded, too, not a points system, and sold through realtors. Elara sells deeded time shares too even though Westgate said they do not.  II offers unlimited getaways to all members not just my unit, as I learned when I called them directly.  Westgate made many misrepresentations to me to have me buy.

When I called to cancel, I was told again and again that Westgate cannot cancel a loan assumption and I was not protected under my rights of rescission.  (my sales rep, notary, and customer service)  Its not true. Do not waste time. Do not listen to anyone who says you cannot cancel.

Nevada Law states you can cancel in 5 days, and Florida law I think is around 7 days.  I am not sure what law they operate under as I purchased in Nevada and corporate offices are in Florida. I cancelled mine immediately. Here's what I did:
I sent a certified cancellation letter immediately to all Westgate offices.  Good old USPS. I faxed and mailed copies of a cancellation letter to every office I could find that was affiliated with Westgate. Westgate did not make getting cancellation information easy at all. It was a headache, but I got it done. The addresses are below.  If I listened to what I was told again and again over the phone, I would have been in most unfortunate situation. Be aware of how much time you have, and don't let anyone run through your time. After 5 days I am not sure its possible to cancel, but if my situation didn't work out, I would have hired an attorney. Nevada is 5 days, period, not 5 business days.
Mail to: LV Tower 52 Condo Owner Association, Inc, 100 Crescent Ct. Dallas TX 75201.  Westgate Planet Hollywood Las Vegas LLC, 5601 Windhover Drive, Orlando FL 32819.  Greenspoon & Marder, P.A. Escrow a/c CFI Westgate 2801 Old WInter Garden Road Ocoee, F  34761.

I later followed up with a call to the corporate offices ONLY, phone is 800.925.9999 who said the cancellation was done! thank God!!! Best of Luck, and I hope this helps!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Planet-Hollywood/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Westgate-Planet-Hollywood-Planet-Hollywood-Towers-by-Westgate-You-Can-Cancel-Read-my-s-1012894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Planet Hollywood