sequence

• Submitted: Thu, August 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 16, 2005

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Westgate Resort
5601 Windhover Drive Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 407-351-3350
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Westgate Resort, Central Florida Investments Inc. ripoff scam harassement abusive Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: Westgate - Fla Attorney General Not Responsive, no surprise with all the rip-offs going on from Flroida

*Consumer Suggestion: Hang up. After 14 solicitation calls, you don't have to be nice.

My office has been continuously called and harassed since, July 21, 2005, By Westgate Resort, what I am told by my attorney, is Central Florida investments. The phone numbers these calls are coming from, are 702-558-5500 and 407-351-3350, both are Westgate or affiliated phone numbers.

After the 5th phone called I turned the company into, Do not Call, since this did not seem to help, after the 8th phone call of solicitation and harassment, I filed a complaint with my local phone service.

I have now received 14 phone calls from this company; I have asked them to stop calling, each time however the calls keep coming in. Each time this company has called, my assistant has to take the call, each time the caller has seemed urgent and asked my assistant to get me out of a session with a client.

This has caused great stress in my office and as a psychologist; my clients tend to get upset when I leave them during a session. Each of these calls has taken approximately 20 min from beginning to end. I am at loss of what to do at this point, they just will not stop.

Jason
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2005 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resort/Orlando-Florida-32819/Westgate-Resort-Central-Florida-Investments-Inc-ripoff-scam-harassement-abusive-Orlando-153397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resort

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

Well after a very very brief conversation with attorney general's rep in Florida, she spent less than 10 seconds reviewing my over 40 page complaint with attachments - they are no help. I am making an appointment with an attorney in Orlando I have been speaking with. I suggest a class action for all those who have experienced same treatment with Westgate. Watch for further details.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Hang up. After 14 solicitation calls, you don't have to be nice.

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

If these calls are strictly for solicitation purposes, do what I do. As soon as I realize the call has to do with a solicitation, I simply say "Take me off your calling list. Sometimes the telemarketer hangs up without so much as a goodbye.

You should not have to be on this type of call for 20 minutes. Your assistant should NEVER interrupt a session with a patient, especially for a call from Westgate or CFI. If I were your patient I would be unhappy too.

If they continue to talk after you request to be removed from the calling list (this is against the law), let the caller know you have absolutely no interest and that furthermore, you are aware that Westgate Resorts is an unethical timeshare organization with hundreds of complaints all over the Internet, Westgate's timeshare presentations are among the industry's most aggressive, the cost is grossly inflated, and you do not appreciate their calling on behalf of such a sleazy company. Whatever, you get the idea. If that doesn't work, simply hang up. After 14 unwanted solicitation calls, you don't have to be nice.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Hang up. After 14 solicitation calls, you don't have to be nice.

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)