Complaint Review: Westgate Resort

• Submitted: Mon, November 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 23, 2009

• Reported By: Mom on a Mission — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
Westgate Resort

Westgate Resort FRAUD! Lisa-salesrep in Orlando Florida WE ARE VICTIMS OF FRAUD AND WE A ORGANIZING A PROTEST SPRING 2010 Internet

I must say, my husband and I were scammed by Westgate Resorts, specifically Lisa our sales person. We went to Westgate Orlando Florida for the weekend to try the timeshare thing. We were not going to buy. We declined their offer several times. We were not interested and had enough bills. When I told her (Lisa) we had enough bills, she said that Westgate Resorts report to the credit bureaus every month as a mortgage property. That sold us. It sold us because with a mortagage property on our credit reports we could refinance a few things and maybe consolidate with proof that we have mortage property with a low balance, !0,000 grand. This would also increase our fico score! We were impressed with our seemingly financial wit.
We waited 90 days to pull our credit after we purchased the property. I did not see Westgate on our credit report. I contacted Westgate and found out that they do NOt report monthly as paid and that the package that we thought we had was not what we thought we signed up for. [continued below]....

..... I began to work my complaint up the ladder. Finally, I requested that conversation in the final closing of the initial sell be review.  They record all closings. I was told it was for my protection against fraud. Goldfigure. So I asked that the tape be reviewed for fraud. I was told that all the tapes are destroyed after 90 days. Westgate has NO Fraud team or remedy for victims of fraud. All they offered was a letter of hardship asking me for all my bills, stating that I can not afford it. I tried this remedy that was given by their customer service. It went no where. The next time I heard from Westgate was from a 3rd party collection agency. I am now on a mission to get some solid regulation of companies like Westgate. I will NEVER give Westgate another dime!!! I am seeking those who will protest Westgate and other scam timeshare companies are welcomed. email me at (((REDACTED))). I will never stop until Westgate has recognize the power of free people in this nation. I have recieve various nightmare stories from others out there. We are oraganizing a peaceful protest this spring in Washington D.C. PLease if u are a victim come out and help us take them down.-thanks- Mom from Washington DC on a Mission

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resort/internet/Westgate-Resort-FRAUD-Lisa-salesrep-in-Orlando-Florida-WE-ARE-VICTIMS-OF-FRAUD-AND-WE-A-O-527768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resort