Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts/ CFI

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:Cullman Alabama
Westgate Resorts/ CFI
2801 Old Winter Garden Road Ocoee, Fl. 34761 Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-2184363
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Westgate Resorts/ CFIWestgate Resorts/ CFI COMPLETE RIPOFF Odorlan Florida

Me and my husband purchased a Westgate timeshare in the year 2000. We paid for the unit as agreed and finished paying for the property in 2002. After numerous requests, finally received a deed in 2-05.

Since the purchase of this unit, we have been unsuccessful in reserving units at the resort we purchased. We were misled in the sales presentation, stating"owners are always first". That was a lie. Owners are last in their opinion. Once they have your money that is the end.

Non owners get preference when reserving rooms. Not owners. I have wrote numerous letters and made numerous calls to the corporate office and have got absolutly no where.

We were allowed to stay at the property on one occasion, where we did not have an air conditioner and because I complained, Westgate threatened to call the police to me and have me removed from the property. They were conducting sales presentations at this time and did not want future buyers to see how they treated owners.

Even though I am an owner at Westgate, they told me that I had no right to anything. They also since have refused to let me book stays over the past 4 years. Basically they are telling me that I will just have to loose all my weeks from the year 2001 on, because they will not let me use my time.

I am out thousands of dollars, still billed maintenance fees and taxes and told either I pay or they will forclose. What is a person to do?

Please Be AWARE!

Shelley
Cullman, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts-CFI/Ocoee-Florida-34761/Westgate-Resorts-CFIWestgate-Resorts-CFI-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-Odorlan-Florida-260372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts/ CFI