My husband and I were talked into going to a viewing of the resort on our honeymoon in May of last year. It was by a rep on the street, we were told that we would be given $100 and a free dinner. We agreed, only for the free stuff.
We went to the viewing with no intention of buying. After the viewing we were prompted to buy. We insisted that we were not financially able to buy.
We didn't even hove our own home yet. The guy brought in another man who was very pushy and said he would cut us a deal. The more we refused the more pushy and rude they were. Finally a woman came over and offered us a deal where we could plan a week vacation with the option to buy. We felt that if we did not agree we would never leave, we had already been there for 4 hours.
A few months later my husband lost his job and money was very tight. We decided to cancel out vacation package. I called to cancel and was told that cancellation was not available for my contract. I didn't even want the money (over $200) that we had paid in back I just wanted to cancel. They guy told me to email or fax a hardship letter for review and they may cancel it.
I sent in an email explaining our situation. A few weeks later I got the letter saying that we could not cancel, that the contract that we signed said we could not. This was not true. We were told that we could cancel at any time. I had to just stop making payments we needed the money elsewhere. They called everyday, sometimes a couple of times a day. Early or late. I didn't answer and the sent letters asking for money. I didn't respond.
About two weeks ago I got a letter saying that I was at risk of losing my vacation page and any monies paid in! Ding Ding Ding, that's what I asked for months ago. As of today they are still calling. I guess they hope I'll give in. Sorry I wont. I'm waiting on the letter saying I've lost the package. I think I'll frame it.