Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts Gatlinburg, TN

• Updated: Mon, September 14, 2009

• Reported By: Don''t buy! — nolensville Tennessee USA
Westgate Resorts Gatlinburg, TN
westgateresorts.com Internet United States of America

Westgate Resorts - Gatlinburg, TN Central Florida Investments DO NOT BUY FROM WESTGATE GATLINBURG Internet

Westgate Resorts in Gatlinburg is definitely a rip off. Here is the run down. First off, someone on the street hunts you down and begs you to go on a 90 min tour of their resort property in Gatlinburg, they will give you $75 per couple to go, and feed you a cheap azz lunch. When you get there and sign in it's all nice and quiet. Then when your "tour guide" appears, to take you on your tour, you go up these steps into what I would consider to be a "boiler room". I have never seen so many sales people in one room, ever. I knew before I went I was only going for the tour and the cash and nothing they could have said would have convinced me any differently. I am just glad I was with my parents so I could tell them lets go. Because the rude idiot that talked to us could have probably convinced them if we weren't there to actually buy this rip off time share. He was the loudest, most obnoxious salesman I have ever met. In between his pitch of he is 63 and has two sons, ages 24 and 11, they and his 80's something mother "love this place" and he would never lie to us because he gets paid a salary regardless. Yeah, okay.......for someone on salary, he sure got "pissed" and talked funky when he realized he spent 2 hours of his time pitching his B S to someone who wasn't going to buy. I don't know what quotes in his pitch were worse? "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out" or "my 11 year old can figure this out". He will promise you all the same good things everyone in these rip off reports tell you, that "I am giving you the best deal", and "shhh, don't let anyone hear what I am offering you, they are paying more", and "you can have 12 getaways, if you don't use them, I can even get this outside company to sell them for you and you can make money and pay for your property here in Gatlinburg". He will even go as far to show you this fax about 10 pages long supposedly where they have sold getaways for him. He promises once you pay your your price that you will get a deed. What a BIG FAT LIAR. While we were there I know there were about 7 people who bought into it. I feel really sorry for those people, that they have been convinced to invest in such a poor investment. After we said NO, they sent over a "sign out" person who tried to sell you one last thing, NO NO NO is the answer to everyone. We promptly were sent on our way after getting "paid" $150.00 (75.00 per couple) only thing I feel bad about is that I am sure that money came from some honest working family that got swindled. But if everyone that went to Gatlinburg went in with the same frame of mind and said NO NO NO and they keep paying out and no ones buying maybe it will put them out of business. :) PS.....our driver that took us to the resort seem to be the only nice guy there!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2009 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts-Gatlinburg-TN/internet/Westgate-Resorts-Gatlinburg-TN-Central-Florida-Investments-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-WESTGATE-GA-494691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts Gatlinburg, TN