Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts Smokey Mountain Gatlinburg

• Submitted: Sat, June 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2008

• Reported By:Murfreesboro Tennessee
Westgate Resorts Smokey Mountain Gatlinburg
westgateresorts.com Gatlinburg, Tennessee U.S.A.

Westgate Resorts Smokey Mountain Lied to me from begining Gatlinburg Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: I am sorry to tell you that when money is involved, you really cannot trust anybody.

*Consumer Comment: Sorry...

I was told I was buying a 1 BR Deluxe with Jucuzzi in BR and cathedral ceilings as I was shown, when we showed up the next year we were put into a small room with no jucuzzi but a jet in the bathtub.

I told them that was not what I was told I was buying, they moved me into the room I thought was mine and told me I would have to upgrade if I wanted it because the salesman (who was no longer there) had not given me that. I stupidly agreed. For the next 2 years I would call my sales agent and she booked me personally into my unit so as to help me make sure they didn't make any mistakes.

I found out last year, she had left and when I booked for my room was again told she had sold me a smaller room and not the room I had been staying in as told. I was furious over the lying and manipulating. I had trusted her because reading those contracts are so confusing and they hurry you through it so fast. I am now looking at a lawyer to see if I can do anything about all the lies, there are many more but not enough room to write them all. I have always believed in paying for my mistakes to bad now I no longer TRUST anyone.

Dee
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2008 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts-Smokey-Mountain-Gatlinburg/Gatlinburg-Tennessee/Westgate-Resorts-Smokey-Mountain-Lied-to-me-from-begining-Gatlinburg-Tennessee-345433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts Smokey Mountain Gatlinburg

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

If someone is "hurrying you through a contract" then you should simply stop the process, and if they persist in trying to hurry you, then leave. What's the hurry? Honest dealings do not require anyone to hurry. There is always tomorrow or next year, and there is always another deal available.

If the contract is confusing, study it until you understand it or ask them to write a contract that you do understand. Verbal explanations and promises mean nothing- as you know now.

Have you ever calculated the cost differential of what you bought versus skipping the timeshare deal and simply renting a place to stay each year?

Sorry...

AUTHOR: I3r4d - (U.S.A.)

So im sorry that you feel that you were lied to. I think your only problem being the confusion on your end. Westgate isn't as bad as your making them out to be. They clearly state, multiple times, details and other things that you need to know. Also, signing a legally binding contract for property withing reading it is (i hate to say it) pretty stupid. My suggestion being - READ THINGS BEFORE YOU SIGN THEM.