Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts Town Center

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Westgate Resorts Town Center
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd., Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.

Westgate Resorts Town Center Misleading, Dishonest Liars, Scam Artists Houston Ocoee Florida

On June 15,2008, I agree to sit in a 90 minute seminar about Westgate Resorts. Those 90 minutes turned into hours,hours,and more hours. I had no intentions on purchasing anything, I really wanted to know what it was all about. The salesman I was speaking with seemed somewhat new, and after hours and hours of explaining the how everything works (the scam) this other fast talking guy came along and tried to turn my no into a yes.

He came up with this odd numbers deal, where I would have my week every other year starting in 2009, however they would give me a bonus week that could be used this year. I was listening trying to determine if I was being scammed, couldn't really tell at that moment. I continued to listen, he explained the cost, hell I didn't have $1,000 down payment right then, the fast talker ask, how much do you have I said I only had $200 on me.

He then ask if I could get more, I told him no, not until payday. He agreed to the $200. While signing paperwork, I was told that once I sign, I could not get out of this contract at all. Juan continued to repeat that. Now, I'm no laywer but I know there was a time to cancel with any contract. Well I didn't received that document. I didn't realize I didn't have it until I came on this site and someone stated to review your cancellation form.

Hell I never received one that's why I thought I couldn't cancel. I tried calling today to speak to someone with sense,and they continued to tell me I couldn't cancel. I informed them that I don't care about them messing with my credit, I told them to go far it, the whole world will know about this crooked operation. I refuse to give them another penny. I cancelled my credit card they have and I promise they will not see another cent from me......Keep in mind, I was still paying on my down payment. I wasn't scheduled to pay my monthly payment until September.

Down payment- $1000
Mortage fees and taxes-$588
Monthly payment- 120 payments @ $136=$16320 (retail price $7400)

Having my credit jack up and never having to pay another penny to crooks

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakisha
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2008 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts-Town-Center/Ocoee-Florida-34761/Westgate-Resorts-Town-Center-Misleading-Dishonest-Liars-Scam-Artists-Houston-Ocoee-Flori-348365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts Town Center