sum

• Submitted: Sun, August 01, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 01, 2004

• Reported By:Spring Hill Florida
Westgate Resorts, orlandofunparks.com
2770 Old Lake Wilson Road Kissimmee, Florida U.S.A.

Westgate Resorts, orlandofunparks.com ripoff, mislead, scammed, Kissimmee (Orlando) Florida

I found an ad on the internet
(http://www.orlandofunparks.com/discounted_tickets.cfm?mrksrc=0512285&phone=1-877-817-7630) promising discount attraction tickets (Disney, MGM, Universal, etc.). I clicked on the ad and another browser window popped up. It asked for my phone number. I entered my number and hit submit and then my phone rang.

A representative from Westgate Resorts (Oba James) called me to tell me about the discount ticket offer. He offered 2 adult tickets and 1 child's ticket to Disney MGM Studios for $63.00. That's better than a 50% discount.

He then asked me a few qualifing questions and told me all I had to do is drive to their resort in Kissimmee and take a 90 minute tour of the resort. They had a tour at 7:30 am or 10 am. We selected the 7:30 am tour so we could make the park when the gates opened. I gave him my credit card number to pay for the tickets.

Mr. James then transfered me to the Customer Service department where I talked with Gloria to confirmation what we had just talked about. Gloria put everything together and sent it to me in an email. The final confirmation, map and an added bonus of a 2 for 1 Carnival Cruise discount certificate.

After a 3 hour drive to the Westgate Resort from our home, we checked in for the tour. It was just a short time after we heard our names called. A young girl called us into the waiting area and told us we did not quailify to take the tour. When we asked why, she said "it's because you did not stay in the Orlando area over night, you drove from your home". I told her that this was not told to me and I would like to speak with a manager. I was told the manager would not be in after 11 am.

I have to admit I was getting a little upset and a little loud. They then told me to leave and they would call me on my cell phone when the manager got in. I was now getting very angry. I told them I was not leaving till I either got the tickets I paid for or a refund of the money I paid for the tickets.

They called security and the police department and had my wife, 9 year old son and I escorted of the property. I never got my tickets or a refund on my credit card.

When I got back from Orland I went back on to the internet site to read there terms and conditions (http://www.orlandofunparks.com/terms&conditions.html). There is no mention of having to stay in or around the Orlando area to qualify for the 90 minute tour.

When dealing with the Westgate Resort "DON'T"

David
Spring Hill, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2004 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts-orlandofunparkscom/Kissimmee-Florida/Westgate-Resorts-orlandofunparkscom-ripoff-mislead-scammed-Kissimmee-Orlando-Florid-101612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts, orlandofunparks.com