Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts
Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Westgate Resorts Timeshare Ripoff Las Vegas, Nevada

*General Comment: Timeshare = Bad news

While visiting Las Vegas in 2012, my sister-in-law and I were offered tickets to a show if we attended a seminar. We did and it happened to be a timeshare offering. I elected to purchase a modest timeshare for a get-a-way for family members. The cost was six(6) thousand dollars with modest monthly fee. Suddenly, the salesman assigned to me was pulled away by a buxom enhanced female sales manager and the paperwork went thru a metamorphosis. Then began the flim-flam, slight of hand, deception and misleading actions straight out of a 'third world' playbook. While viewing the documents later in the day, I notice the wording was totally different than the verbal presentation and so were the numbers. The dates on the documents were not the same as the notary stamped date. My sister-in-law was now listed as my wife and cosigner to the purchase and the purchase was a resale property.
I phoned the numbers given me by the sales people and the salesman's number was not connected. The female's number received my voice message. She phoned later and agreed to meet me so that I could return the documents and cancel the sale. Well that never happened and I could not locate the sales office on 'The Strip' in Las Vegas.
I attempted to contact a responsible person in the company for days. Finally I contacted the Company's Attorney in Florida. I was told there was no recourse in a resale. They had transferred someone else's debt to me and my sister-in-law a foreclosure timeshare asking fifteen (15) thousand five(5) hundred dollars...two hundred fifty dollars a month to use a timeshare every two years.
This is totally no an American way of conducting business. This concept and process is straight out of a prisoners manuel and or foreign countries.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Westgate-Resorts-Timeshare-Ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-997095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts

#1 General Comment

Timeshare = Bad news

AUTHOR: RoseW - (United States of America)

The way of conducting business in the timeshare industry is the same everywhere, whether you're in USA, Mexico, France or Japan. Fraud in general and specifically of timeshare are the order of the day. I invite you to visit this website with more information about timeshare scams and how to get out of them, without paying upfront fees:

I hope it helps, and GOOGLE before you buy anything