Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:New York New York
Westgate Resorts
2801 Professional Parkway Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.

Westgate Resorts I've cancelled within the 10-day period, but was told that X-Mas day was counted as a business day, and that my cancellation would be honored because of that. I was also lied and lied and lied to about being able to make money selling vacations. Ocoee Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Mona, I am sorry !

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Whos the con artist....?

*UPDATE Employee: You are part of the problem

A David Devoe called my then-partner and me to breakfast 8am. He pitched a great sale by almost 1pm, we signed the preliminary paperwork. By 4pm we were just finishing, I was bug-eyed and exhausted, asked, I thought, the appropriate questions.

I was told I could make money and that my timeshare would be paid with "OTHER PEOPLES' MONEY", as I would be putting all the x-tra Interval International vacation weeks on the internet and selling them, as no one I know, and definitely not me, goes on vacation 12 - 15 times a year. (Because that's how many vacations Interval gives yearly, "just for me, and whatever I wanted to do with them.) And this was stressed to me.

Days later I read in the books Interval sent me that I could not sell "ANY" of their vacations on the internet, and would be sued if I did so. WHAT?

I immediately sent everything back within the 10-day window period, as I no longer have a partner, my business is bust, and now I am on Public Assisstance. They also pay my rent and I receive a $34 weekly stipend. That's it!

Well, X-mas day fell in that 10-day period, and Westgate counted that day!

By the time I finish school and make enough money to pay for this, it will be in foreclosure.

Now, I am on State Public Assisstance, for goodness sake! What does a person in MY situation do? There should be something, because now I don't even make the required amount. But these people won't hear me.

Mona
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Ocoee-Florida-34761-0846/Westgate-Resorts-Ive-cancelled-within-the-10-day-period-but-was-told-that-X-Mas-day-was-310588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Vanessa - (U.S.A.)

This Company is really bad! You cannot sell anything on the internet because they do that. It you own at WestGate in Kissimmee like I did, they want to buy it all back because the land is at a primium and Disney is trying to buy it from WestGate.

Everyone Stay away from WestGate and if you can sell your unit to one of the big companies that is in competition with WestGate.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Whos the con artist....?

AUTHOR: Stupidpeepseverywhere - (U.S.A.)

Ten calender days.... you sign a document saying you understand such.... and why would someone on public assistance misrepresent their income when they purchaced? hum......

You are part of the problem

AUTHOR: Partoftheproblem - (U.S.A.)

Um... the cancelation period doesnt say 10 business days, it says ten days. Enjoy your timeshare. It has touched the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in a positive manner around the world!