Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Lexington South Carolina
Westgate Resorts
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-218-4363
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Westgate Resorts Liars and Thieves. I changed my mind after receiving a better deal through the Armed Forces Vacation Club Ocoee Florida

*Consumer Comment: What a shame

*Consumer Comment: From the Westgate website under terms

Through an owner referral, i rented a weekend at Westgate Resorts Orlando. However, I changed my mind after receiving a better deal through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. I called Westgate to cancel. They told me I had 14 days to cancel from the date I paid for the vacation to get a refund. It had been about 8 weeks. I never received any notices on the phone, in the mail or email stating that I had 14 days to cancel my rental. All I received was an itinerary via the email that stated if I canceled my stay within 14 days of my arrival I would have to forfeit 25 dollars. I tried to file a dispute with my credit card company. Westgate Resorts lied to my credit card company and they decided that I did owe the money. I am very disappointed in their sleazy sales tactics and will pursue this out of principal. I filed a complaint with the Central Florida BBB but have yet to hear from them. I strongly suggest a class action lawsuit against them, they are corrupt and I will advise everybody I know within the military community to stay away from these people.

Dale r
Lexington, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Ocoee-Florida-34761/Westgate-Resorts-Liars-and-Thieves-I-changed-my-mind-after-receiving-a-better-deal-throug-367255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts

What a shame

AUTHOR: Jade - (U.S.A.)

Though it is sad but true, it really is a shame that you have to get everything in writing, go to the website etc. because you have to assume that people are lying to you.

When dealing with Westgate or any other timeshare/greedy group, assume everything they are saying is a lie and you will make out much better in the long run.

From the Westgate website under terms

AUTHOR: Lenny - (U.S.A.)

Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be made 72 hours before arrival in order to avoid penalties of one night room and tax.

Here is the website (see if it is where you were going to stay):

Good luck.