Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Submitted: Mon, December 20, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 20, 2004

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Westgate Resorts
2801 Professional Parkway Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-512-5525
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Westgate Resorts ripoff Ocoee Florida

Apparently I am an owner here due to Leisure selling their resort to Westgate. I had purchased from Ramada who sold to Leisure. Well, I can't get any paperwork from Westgate showing I am an owner. I do get phone calls stating I owe a special assessment. I have asked multiple times for a copy of some sort of contract. Apparently, the rules are different at Westgate than what they were at Ramada and Leisure. In order to use another one of their resorts I have to pay. Not the case at the Leisure or Ramada. I could use any of their resorts any time of year with no fee.

I'm just fed up with the whole thing. Westgate says I just have to suck it up because my contract with Ramada said that they could sell and I had to abide by whatever rules the buying company came up with. I think this is a scam. Nothing is as promised when I made my purchase.

Everything has been a lie including how great RCI is. I have never been able to get an exchange where I wanted to go with RCI. RCI states I need to bank up to 2 years in advance which requires fees in advance. Is there some way to get rid of this condo. I can't afford the fees, taxes and special assesments anymore. We both lost our jobs and this is too much. Plus, we will NEVER us a condo in ORLANDO. Can anyone help?

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2004 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Ocoee-Florida-34761/Westgate-Resorts-ripoff-Ocoee-Florida-123651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts