Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2007

• Reported By:Hickory North Carolina
Westgate Resorts
5601 Windhover Drive,Orlando, Florida, 32819 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Westgate Resort Williamsburg And Hotelscorp.comWestgate Resorts Worst Thansgiving by Westgate and Hotelscorp.com Colonial Williamsburgorlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: Of course the hotel was dirty...

We found discount tickets to Colonial Williamsburg, on the web and called to find the deal. It appeared that Westgate was conducting 90 min timeshare tour. It went about one hour the "approval" process. Than they called me back and said I need to purchase hotel, I told them I do not need to stay but Westgate representative said that in order to have discounted tickets you have to purchase hotel. So I did purchased.
Needless to say the hotel was dirty and smelled just like bug killer. We could not stay in that hotel. We called provided phone number and what a surprize hot line is from 9-5 Monday-Friday. Than I went inside in hotel and asked for booking information and she had 24-7 phone there. So I called and she said for the price I paid $35 she has no hotels, I told them that they made bookings and better change my hotel to better or at least where we can stay. They changed to more expensive one and in the morning they told me that I am penalized for that.
In the morning we arrived to Westgate and I found that I am disqualified becouse my brother in law was there too. So now I have to pay all my tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and also pay hotel I did not wanted in the first place.
I called to Attorney General and will continue to monitor this case, I wish to sue Westgate and Hotelscorp.com for the lost Thanksgiving around 50 million.

William
Hickory, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2007 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Orlando-Florida-32819/Westgate-Resort-Williamsburg-And-HotelscorpcomWestgate-Resorts-Worst-Thansgiving-by-Westg-286845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts

Of course the hotel was dirty...

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

Of course the hotel was dirty and smelled like bug killer. They're not going to put you up at some grand hotel that you like and cause you to never buy a timeshare. They love it when people are staying in not too nice accomodations.

Westgate would never have disqualified you for bringing your brother in law unless you brought your brother in law and did not bring your wife. They would have loved to have the extra person to present their product to, as long as your wife was there too. Did your wife go to the presentation too?

Westgate has absolutely beautiful accomodations and they always keep up their properties. If you vacation every year, it's worth it. If you don't take regular vacations, it's not worth it. I have vacationed in many timeshares and Westgate is one of the best.