Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Submitted: Sat, August 16, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Kansas City Missouri
Westgate Resorts
5601 Windhaver Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Westgate Resorts Vacation Scam - "Mis-direction practice" One hand in pocket while world is being fasely offered Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: 100% correct

*UPDATE Employee: This is not true

*Consumer Suggestion: This has happen to so many

*Consumer Suggestion: I think...

Westgate Resorts in Branson, Missouri engages in decietful marketing practices to catch unsuspecting vacationers in a scheme to solicit money from them while seemingly offering the world's greatest vacation at what they deem a super reasonable price.

Saying "NO" to the initial agent causes the company to hold you hostage while they bombard you with an endless assault of others higher sales personnel. They forces you to listen, or you will forfeit the price you were offered for your stay and be required to pay more for your stay.

You are promised to be able to take exotic vacations at resorts all over the world at a super fantastic price. However, the super fantastic prices are not there when you inquire!

The assault seems to be never ending! The layers of personnel they have coming at you after an initial response of "NO" does not end. The ninty minute (90) presentation approaches two hours and they are still not done.

As the offers became more and more complicated I started getting confused and when I finally agreed to an offer it was to bring the ordeal to an end.

Westgate say you will not be pressured into purchasing! To me, being held hostage is a pure form of pressure.
You become fatigued and disoriented then you end up purchasing a package just to escape! Later on you learn that you have been locked out of revisiting the facility closest to you because it is deemed your host resort. The closest other resort, in my case, is six or seven hundred miles away!

Westgate promises one behavior and engages in another! They beat you down with different people and when you finally submit due to fatigue you find you have signed and agreed to somethig does not benefit you or readily suit your vacation need.

Buyer remorse is a good option, but by the time your mind has settled and you can comprehend what has happened the remore period is over. I would like to see rules implemented where a visitor who purchases a time share would be given a six month remorse period before any purchase is final!

Ike
Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Orlando-Florida-32819/Westgate-Resorts-Vacation-Scam-Mis-direction-practice-One-hand-in-pocket-while-world-i-363597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts

100% correct

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

13rd is wrong and Ike is correct. Westgate indeed holds you hostage by withholding what they promised while they pressure and badger you with a sales pitch. In our case it was so bad that when we had finally had enough and flat out told them that we were not interested, we had fulfilled their requirements and we now wanted the tickets promised us and we would leave we were told by the sales rep "you will leave when I say you can leave!" If this isnt being held hostage I dont know what you want to call it, but it doesnt appear Ike is ignorant at all, but is 100% correct in his assesment.

This is not true

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Westgate in Branson MO does not sell a product that locks you out of your home resort . NONE of our weeks are designed that way and never have been . This person needs to go back to branson and talk to the salesperson that sold it to them or his manager .

#3 Consumer Suggestion

This has happen to so many

AUTHOR: Vanessa - (U.S.A.)

I was pressured into buying back in 1994, the same way. The get you into a room and pressure you similar to the way they interrogate criminals. They get you to give in for thier financial gain. I bought back then week uuu-06 week 26 $13,700 at 17 % interest. I was smart I decided to pay it off in 9 months.

I vacationed there every year some times twice a year for years. I was a foster parent to sometimes 6 girls including my own 2. I purchased tickets every in advance and took 8 girls on vacation as a single parent.

WestGate ripped me off on the back end. They refused to tell me the value of my timeshare when I had to deed it over to Dr. Williams Jr. I do not know what you paid in 2008, but westgate said that my property was only worth $14,000.00 which was the red week listed above if I sold it. The circuit court of the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit Kane County Illinois, took my property that was fullly paid for and told me it was only worth $15,000.00 in 2003. They charged me $5,000 + in interest from 2003 - 2007. Now I owe him another $19,000.00 plus he owns my timeshare. However actually he does not own my unit he upgraded has a different unit. according to him they told him the unit was only worth $14,000 of which they applied towards his upgrade. I know he is lying. All these people that are ripping off innocent consumers will all go to hell!

The point is WestGate in an effort to continue to make money and ripoff people allowed him to upgrade for an undiscolsed amount, keep the unit that I deeded him in his name while he pays off the unit he upgraded. Westgate told me to upgrade my unit before I had to deed it over to him and he would have nothing. I did not do that because it was incorrect. (See my full report about what happen to me on ripoff report)

Try to get rid of this property if you can as soon as you can. Nothing good will come of this.

In fact anyone reading this stay away from WestGate if you do not pay Cash and cannot say no to the constant hounding to upgrade. These people are not nice.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: I3r4d - (U.S.A.)

I think that you're just upset because you dont know how to say no. Strictly saying no in this situation and leaving the building would have been pretty simple. But saying you were held hostage is probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. So to be quite frank, i have no sympathy for your ignorance.

#5 Consumer Suggestion