Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Submitted: Thu, June 21, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:New York New York
Westgate Resorts
Westgate Planet Hollywood Las Vegas, LLC, 2801 Old Winter Garden Road, Ocoee, Florida 34761 Nationwide U.S.A.

Westgate Resorts ripoff after I cancelled the contract Nevada Las Vegas

*Consumer Suggestion: attorney general

*Consumer Comment: las vegas cancellation

I was trapped to listen to a presentation with my husband for 5 hours in Las Vegas. I also put down deposit for the Planet Hollywood Tower in Las Vegas and signed the contract under the extreme pressure. Then I am very regreted (as I should) and called back to try to cancel it. But nobody answer the phone even after I left the message. Only when I come back to NY and talked to a lawyer, I relized that I am in trouble. It was already on the 6th day. So I cancelled the contract on the 6th day. But Westgate said I have passed the period. Which is the time frame that they never informed us. And intentionally ignored our calls before. Horrible Company! But I do have a question: In the contract, it says the contract is governed by the Florida law, the cancellation period of which should be 10 days. But Why should there be a problem to cancel it on the 6 days? If Westgate's main office is in Florida, that is where I sent my letter to terminate the contract, should it be governed by the Florida law? Can somebody answer me?

Tracey

Tracey
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2007 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/nationwide/Westgate-Resorts-ripoff-after-I-cancelled-the-contract-Nevada-Las-Vegas-256040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts

#1 Consumer Suggestion

attorney general

AUTHOR: Tarie - (U.S.A.)

report them to the FL attorney general's office and contact The owners advocate and report a claim on BBB.org website.

las vegas cancellation

AUTHOR: Las Vegas - (U.S.A.)

Dear Tracy,
you do have only 5 days to cancel your contract, on the 6th day you own it even though the contract is governed by the Florida Law the purchase was made in Las Vegas, NV which only gives you 5 days unless the purchase was made on a Tuesday than you will have 6 days because the 5th day falls on a Sunday.