Complaint Review: Westgate Smokey Mountains, CFI Westgate Resorts - David Siegel Owner

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 25, 2009

• Reported By:Amite Louisiana
Westgate Smokey Mountains, CFI Westgate Resorts - David Siegel Owner
2801 Old Winter Garden Road ,Corporate Offices Ocoee, Florida, 34761 Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-9259999
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Westgate Smokey Mountains, CFI Westgate Resorts - David Siegel Owner CFI Westgate is a complete ripoff! 2801 Old Winter Garden Road ,Corporate Offices Ocoee, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: maintance fees

My husband and I went on a vacation to Gatliburg, Tennessee on a special vacation package for $400.00 for a week. Turns out it was all a scam, just a way to lure people in so they can drill you for 5 hours of convincing you that they have the best vacation package. You can go anywhere around the world for just a small fee of $50.00 to go anywhere in the USA and $100.00 to go anywhere internationally. We have been owners for 3 years, have paid Westgate Resorts $5,760.00 and have not yet once taken a vacation. The sales woman that sold us the timeshare (which by the way doesn't work there anymore and her personal cell phone number has been disconnected) told us that it would save us money by purchasing every other year. So we decided to go with even years.

I somehow lost my 2008 year after I had booked and canceled it with Interval International. Now if I want to go on vacation this year, which I have been trying to plan, I would have to use my 2010 year, but would have to pay $500.00 for maintenance fees for that year. I don't feel I should have to pay anymore money to plan a vacation since I've already paid so much money to these rip off artist already! I have paid Westgate $5,760.00, have been a owner of Westgate for 3 years and a member of Interval International for three years and I am told that I either have to wait til 2010 or pay $500.00 if I want to take our FIRST VACATION AFTER PAYING THE RIP OFFS ALMOST $6,000.00. I couldn't have put that money in a savings account and went to Hawaii!

Amhd
Amite, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Smokey-Mountains-CFI-Westgate-Resorts-David-Siegel-Owner/Ocoee-Florida/Westgate-Smokey-Mountains-CFI-Westgate-Resorts-David-Siegel-Owner-CFI-Westgate-is-a-com-455845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Smokey Mountains, CFI Westgate Resorts - David Siegel Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

maintance fees

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

i have no love for westgate at all. as a matter of fact i am in a lawsuit against them but if you dont pay you maintance fees you dont get to use your ownership. kind of like not paying your electric bill meens your lights dont come on.