Complaint Review: Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, TN

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2012

• Reported By: drummerboy — Toledo Ohio United States of America
Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, TN
915 Westgate Resort Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 Gatlinburg, Tennessee United States of America

Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, TN Westgate Resorts I was lied to..beware when you exchange your Westgate unit to Gatlinburg, TN Gatlinburg, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Westgate Resorts

I was ripped off...and the front manager, the customer service manager and the resort manager did nothing to resolve the matter at the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort and Spa in Gatlinburg, TN.  I phoned my exchange from a beautiful brand new two bed lock-off unit in Orlando, Florida to a two bed lock-off in Gatlinburg, TN.  I requested this reservation per three phone calls to Westgate which supposedly should have been recorded.  I have the times and dates I called. When I arrived at the Gatlinburg, TN Smoky Mountain Westgate, I did not get the exchange unit I paid the $150 fee for and the villa description on my confirmation report.

My Florida unit could comfortably accomodate eight people...the Gatlinburg unit was comfortable for four people and it was not a lock-off unit with a washer and dryer.  Please note that Gatlinburg does have two bed lock-off units that have a washer and dryer enclosed inside.  I know because I asked.  Also, my sister was placed in a beautiful two bed lock-off in the same week.  She, also, made reservations two months prior. Please note that my sister is not a Westgate owner and I have been a Westgate owner for ten years.  To this day, I am warning anyone that wants to exchange their Florida unit to Gatlinburg, you will not get any customer service when you have a complaint!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Smoky-Mountain-Resort-in-Gatlinburg-TN/Gatlinburg-Tennessee-37738/Westgate-Smoky-Mountain-Resort-in-Gatlinburg-TN-Westgate-Resorts-I-was-lied-tobeware-wh-940076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, TN

Response from Westgate Resorts

AUTHOR: Westgate Guest Relations - ()

When owners exchange from their home resort to another Westgate resort, they are doing an internal exchange, or developer exchange. A 2 bedroom will exchange to a 2 bedroom at the destination resort. A 1 bedroom deluxe will exchange to a 1 bedroom deluxe. Due to Gatlinburg being the home resort for those who own there, we have to keep certain units available for them. We do not guarantee a particular type of unit when exchanging in.

We are not aware of a sleep 4 two bedroom unit. However, if you received a sleep 4 unit, this would be a 1 bedroom unit. Please contact Owner Reservations so that we can address that for you.

We thank you for the opportunity to explain the details of developer exchanging from one property to another. We wish to provide you with many quality vacation experiences in the coming years!