Complaint Review: Westinghouse Digital Electronics

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
Westinghouse Digital Electronics
Santa Fe Springs, California U.S.A.

Westinghouse Digital Electronics Westinghouse Warranty is a real sham Santa Fe Springs California

I purchased a 47" Westinghouse TV from BestBuy yesterday, 4/16/09. I set the TV up when I got home and it worked just fine. Today, 4/17/09, I disconnected the TV and assembled a new TV stand. After reconnecting the TV and cable box, I powered them up. The cable box lit up but the TV did not. I haven't even had a chance to register the purchase online yet and the damned TV isn't working.

I called Westinghouse customer service and get this, they wanted me to ship it to Texas at my own expense! I had two other options, take it back to the retailer for an exchange or pay $75 for a service call. I purchased the TV at an ESCELLENT price because it was the last one, so taking it back to the retailer was not a reasonable solution for economic reasons. I reluctantly opted for the service call that will cost me $75.

I read some of the other RipoffReports about Westinghouse but I have to say, mine has to take First prize. The other two TV complaints were about TV's that were 10 months and slightly more than 1 year old. Not really good news. I have Toshiba that is 13 years old and still going strong. I've only had my Westinghouse TV for one day and Westinghouse wants me to pay for shipping or a service call!

Have you checked out the Executives? I did. The top three or four are Japanese. I wonder if this is how Warranties are honored, or dare I say dishonered in Japan?

My next steps are to complain to the Dept of Consumer Affairs, or it's equivalent, in Texas and the BBB.

Ed
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westinghouse-Digital-Electronics/Santa-Fe-Springs-California/Westinghouse-Digital-Electronics-Westinghouse-Warranty-is-a-real-sham-Santa-Fe-Springs-Cal-444582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westinghouse Digital Electronics