Complaint Review: Westinghouse Digital

• Reported By: Davita — Lakeland Florida United States of America
Westinghouse Digital

Westinghouse Digital Rip off and fraud Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Here is how I got the same issue resolved

I bought a 47" television in March.  By October the TV was not working properly, I contacted Westinghouse about a repair because I still had a warranty.  The television was sent for repair and was sent back within a week.  The television then did not work at all.  I called and asked for a refund.  I was told that it would take 14-16 weeks for a refund.  I told them that was not acceptable for a refund.  The customer service person (Ramon) told me that they would get it moved up to December 7,2012.  I called about a status update of my refund and was told that it got pushed back to December 14, 2012.  I called on December 28, 2012 because I still had not received my refund.  I was told that because of the holidays I would have to wait until January 4, 2013.  I called Westinghouse again today and was on hold for over an hour with the waiting game.  I demanded to speak to a manager or supervisor and was told that they were in a meeting.  I have read that they do this when people want to speak to managers and supervisors.  All of the voice mail boxes are full so you cannot leave a message.  This company has given numerous people the runaround about their refunds and warranties.  If you look at their Facebook page you will see how many dissatisfied customers are still waiting for refunds or replacement televisions.  I just want my refund and everyone to know not to spend or waste your hard earned money on junk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westinghouse-Digital/internet/Westinghouse-Digital-Rip-off-and-fraud-Internet-990887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westinghouse Digital

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here is how I got the same issue resolved

AUTHOR: ToddGCT - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear you are going through the same issue I went through earlier this year with Westinghouse. Here is how I got resolution to the issue, when they did not have a comparable replacement, I asked what alternate options were available. After a 30 day waiting period they did offer to take the broken set back for a refund. I sent the TV back on 07/16 and never heard from them again, and the frustration started again. They kept telling me to call corporate, but nobody would answer the phone, and the numerous voicemails I left were ignored.

Not willing to allow a company to steal my hard earned money for their defective product, I filed a BBB complaint, and I noticed on the BBB website they listed some of the customer care executives. Since they did not list their contact information, I decided to guess what there email address may be and sent an email explaining my extreme displeasure with their company. Low and behold an hour later, I get a call back! Three weeks later they finally issued a refund.

It is really sad companies like this are allowed to continue to do business. Please feel free to reach out to their executives to let them know your displeasure and hopefully find resolution like I did. Also please reach out to everybody you know and let them know never to do business with Westinghouse Digital. Good Luck!

Here is who I reached out to get resolution

Rynette Kerl - Supervisor Customer Care - rkerl@westinghousedigital.com
Klaus Libor (Manager of Customer Service) - klibor@westinghousedigital.com
Alma Silva (Customer Care) - asilva@westinghousedigital.com - p: 714-221-9800 ext. 223