Complaint Review: Westinghouse- International Development corporation

• Updated: Sun, September 26, 2010

• Reported By: Linda — Washington District of Columbia USA
Westinghouse- International Development corporation
899 Henrietta Creek Road Roanoke, Texas United States of America

Westinghouse - International Development corporation solar lights don't last -company unresponsive Roanoke, Texas

*General Comment: Great solar lights

Walmart sold individual Westinghouse solar garden lights. They came in bronze, silver, or black.  I bought about 50 to use in various locations in my garden and at my beach house. When a few died after a couple of weeks, I took those back to Walmart and they refunded my money because they didn't have the lights anymore. This didn't help me because I needed the lights to complete my design. I thought maybe it was just a bad batch, but now I know it is the lights. They don't last more than a month or two. I contacted Westinghouse and they have been unresponsive. It isn't really Walmart but Westinghouse that has sold an inferior product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2009 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westinghouse-International-Development-corporation/Roanoke-Texas-76262/Westinghouse-International-Development-corporation-solar-lights-dont-last-company-unr-523913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westinghouse- International Development corporation

#1 General Comment

Great solar lights

AUTHOR: Ernie - (United States of America)

I'll have to disagree.  We bought a set of lights from them a couple of years ago at Costco
One of the lamps in the set of 8 did not work so we took it back to Costco and got another set.  These lights worked great.  They put out a  lot more light than most solar garden lights and because they have lithium batteries they burn a lot longer too.
I recommended them to some friends who bought them.  I visited them just the other day and as we sat in their backyard they commented on how great the lights were and were sad that they are not longer sold at costco.

I tried contacting the company a year ago to find out where I could buy more but they don't sell to individuals...only to retail outlets.

Too bad.  These were great lights....still work...but wish I could buy more