Complaint Review: Westinghouse

• Submitted: Sun, February 15, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, February 15, 2004

• Reported By:Wilmington North Carolina
westinghouse.com Internet U.S.A.

Westinghouse Ripoff received a microwave for a gift stopped heating after 2 weeks New York Internet

I was happy to receive a Westinghouse microwave as a Christmas gift. I had visited a relative that lives out of state. I brought it home, 2 weeks later, it wouldn't heat. The light comes on. Sometimes it makes a weird noise. I went online, and had a VERY difficult time finding out how to contact Westinghouse.

I finally located a number, and called. I was told that I had dialed the wrong number. I asked if this was Westinghouse, and the operator said, "Yes, but this is Westinghouse intercoms. We can't help you." I then asked for a correct number, and the operator didn't know it!

So I'm still sitting here with a no good Westinghouse microwave, and I can't just take it back to the store as it was purchased in another state, and I don't even have the receipt as it was a gift.

Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2004 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westinghouse/internet/Westinghouse-Ripoff-received-a-microwave-for-a-gift-stopped-heating-after-2-weeks-New-York-80546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westinghouse