Complaint Review: Westlake Financial Services

• Submitted: Thu, October 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, October 22, 2009

• Reported By: Joe — Grand Junction Colorado U.S.A.
Westlake Financial Services
4751 Wilshire Blvd.,Suite 100, Los Angelas, California United States of America

Westlake Financial Services Company double dipped interest. Took money not belonging to them. Los Angelas , California

We were so happy when we bought our new 2008 Aveo 5 last December. Westlake Financial Services gave us a loan. We had a nice car till we got into an accident. A young lady turned in front of us and totaled both cars. We had gap insurance as well as full coverage so we thought everything was good.

That was until The Insurance company decided to pay it off. We payed it down to below the value of the vehicle so our loan would be paid in full. The insurance company contacted Westlake and put the ten day hold on the loan so paperwork could be in order. The value of the Vehicle was suppose to be $369.00 less than the payout. That means we would get a small check from the insurance company.

Three days after the agreement with the insurance carrier Westlake decided to take their automatic payment from my checking account. Totaling $338.87. Westlake then got their check with the ten days interest. They claim they only owe me $265.49. I called them to let them know I am entitled to my $338.87 returned to me because that was the agreement. They stated that the rest was applied to interest. I want to know why they get twice the interest? Why they took a payment on a loan that was being paid in full by an insurance company? I want to know why I am not entitled to the interest that I could have received from my bank if they were not holding my money for 30 days. If I was late I would have to have paid penalty fees.

Your customer service agents are very rude and condisending. I offered them my attorneys number and they refused to take it. What kind of company is this? One that deserves to be put out of business thats what kind of company it is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2009 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial-Services/Los-Angelas-California-90010/Westlake-Financial-Services-Company-double-dipped-interest-Took-money-not-belonging-to-t-513354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial Services