Complaint Review: Westlake Financial Services

Westlake Financial Services
PO Box 54807 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Westlake Financial Services Over charged Los Angeles, California

*Author of original report: NO INFO LEFT OUT

*Consumer Comment: What does...

I financed a vehicle through Westlake Financial services, only to find out when you ask for additional time which was agreed by the supervisor to extend the payment plan two months. I had been laid off  but was able to pay the finance charge for  those months. At the end of  their contract they say I own a single payment of $745.00 for a last payment.

I informed the supervisor I could make payments of half the amount ($373.00), and was informed my account would be sent to collections. I have made consistent payments for the last 10 months, but now the contract according to them is over. They want me to over pay an additional 3 months of payments sine I asked for an extension in the past of only two months. I have already over paid $700.00 plus in interest rates being over charged. Now they want to take my current account and place it collections. Even though I have been paying on time and over the amount due per month.

I would like for someone to look into the practices of this finance company to compare the what is going on with me and others who are being taken advantage of by Westlake Financial Services. There are so many people who are losing their car early and late in the contract while I currently only owe $464.91. They are going to send my account to collections while I have been paying more than the amount owed per month. This is just bad business and malpractice of over charging anyone who has financed through Westlake.

A single parent,
Bert A. Prisby

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial-Services/Los-Angeles-California-90054-0807/Westlake-Financial-Services-Over-charged-Los-Angeles-California-883982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial Services

NO INFO LEFT OUT

AUTHOR: 1unhappybuyer - (United States of America)

I never left out any information and don't need your sympathy concerning being a single parent. I was simply stating I was over paying since their customer service person informed me I had already paid more than 700 plus dollars in interest. I also have the listing of all my payments. This site is not helpful concerning the issues of people having problems with this finance company. I have the proof of over payment right here in front of me and you are stating I left something out. Thanks but no thanks. I will take my issue to someone educated enough to actually have something to assist with the issue  and not criticizing me for leaving something out. I will take my problem to another area where the site will give me an action plan to use. You are absolutely useless when it comes to assistance, you must be a Republican.

What does...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Do you sign all of your letters this same way, or is this just an attempt to gain some sympathy?  Because if it is there are thousands upon thousands of other "Single Parents" who are able to meet their obligations.  So what does being a Single Parent have to do with this?

The fact is that you are with a Sub-Prime lender because you have had credit issues in the past.  Now, I find it very unlikely that you go from paying more than required and at the same time requested a two month extension on your loan.  Those just don't go together so you are probably leaving out some key items.

Now, when you requested an extension they, like just about every other lender, just moves the payments to the end of the loan.  They don't move out the due date.  So yes your last payment is going to include not only the regular last payment, but the two payments you had deferred.  You didn't give many details but this right there may be the three payments you are questioning.

Also, when you originally got the loan your payments were based on you paying a specific amount on a specific date every month.  If you are even 1 day late you will be charged additional interest, if you pay past the penalty date(generally 5-10 days) you are not only assessed additional interest but a late fee as well.

The amount is probably valid, and until you pay the balance of the loan off they have the right to send you to collections, but they also have the right to repossess the car.  So be glad that it is only going to collections and not the repo man right now.

However if you think you have been overcharged get your original agreement out, proof of every payment you made and a statement from them as to what payments they showed you made.   If the numbers don't seem to match you may have a case.