plot

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Oscar — San Francisco California
Westlake Financial Services
PO Box 76809 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Westlake Financial Services Company ordered the repossession of my car after the loans' balance was paid off 14 days ago. Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: Robo-Response to decrease your rip-off report score

*UPDATE Employee: "We apologize for your negative experience"

*Author of original report: 2 days after repossession and I am still without my car.

*UPDATE Employee: "We apologize for your negative experience"

I paid off my car loan in March 26, 2013 and today, April 9, 2013 the car was repossessed by order of Westlake Financial by a company named Tricity, who acted as agent of Westlake Financial. The order of repossession was executed in Emeryville, police station located at Powell St. According to Weslake Financial the repossession ordered was cancelled but TRICIY executed anyway.

Can you believe? A total paid off car has been repossessed! This is totally unbelievable, but guess what? Westlake Financial is known for all kind of abuses against its customers. The car was taken from a private college and without a key, so any damages to the car is on Westlake and agents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial-Services/Los-Angeles-California-90076/Westlake-Financial-Services-Company-ordered-the-repossession-of-my-car-after-the-loans-b-1042058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial Services

Robo-Response to decrease your rip-off report score

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

It is amazing how this company files robo-responses in order to try and lower the impact of their rip-off report. Anyone who simply plugs in a cut/paste rebuttal is obviously a company NOT worth dealing with.  They don't even have the common courtesy to respond to the issue. I would avoid them at all costs.

AUTHOR: WestlakeCustomerService - ()

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Westlake Financial Services (Westlake) values our consumers and takes each complaint seriously as an opportunity to assist and service consumers more effectively.  Westlake has reviewed the consumers concerns as well as the account and responded directly to the consumer in an effort to provide quality personal service. The consumer may reach Westlake directly at the contact information provided in the response.

AUTHOR: WestlakeCustomerService - ()

2 days after repossession and I am still without my car.

AUTHOR: okalin10 - ()

After almost 100 calls to Sergio Reyes at Westlake (Loss and Recovery Manager), then many calls to Tricity (the middleman company who physically took my car), and to PRA Services (the company hired by Westlake to trace down and recover the car), I am still without car since TriCity told me that they got the release from PRA to return my car but they will do that until tomorrow morning, if I want the car today I have to go to pick it up to their place in San Jose. At this point I do not know if there will be physical damages to my car and if the two wallets (containing personal credit cards, social, driver license) left inside the car before the repossession have not been compromised by these companies.

I got the release from the police after paying $16, but the car is not in my possession yet.

Also, I was told today by Sergio Reyes (the loss and recovery manager of Westlake Financial) that I have to pay them $300 in addition to $935 I already paid as payoff due to a fee charged by PRA Location Services to them if I want to get my pink slip, which has not been provided to me since March 26, 2013 when I did the payoff of the loan.

Westlake Financial is known for being a predatory lending who charges customers $5 for each payment online, $10 for each payment over the phone, charges exorbitant interest rates, and targets vulnerable people who have credit issues, no credit, low-income population, and hispanic customers as their preferred target of their predatory habits without nobody stopping them or even reviewing what they do.

Please, if you have options, do not go to this lender for a car loan. Save some cash and buy in cash. Tomorrow morning, I will find out if my car is returned and in what conditions. I have names and phone numbers of all involved in this horrible situation that has provoked me to be in extreme stress, losing two days of work, and still have to pay additional $300 to get my pink slip. Unbelievable this is happening in California, USA.

AUTHOR: WestlakeCustomerService - ()

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services. We take all of our customers concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.