Complaint Review: Westlake Financial

• Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: BrandyE68 — United States of America
Westlake Financial
Los Angeles, California United States of America

Westlake Financial Harassment, Poor Customer Service, Fees Los Angeles, California

*Author of original report: Know your Subject before you speak

*Consumer Comment: Life As a Subprime Borrower

This is a letter that I emailed to Westlake Financial myself:

Dear Whom it may Concern:

I would just like to say that this is the WORST finance company I have ever had to deal with.  These are the issues I am addressing:

1) I start getting phone calls the day BEFORE my car payment is due.  I know my car payment is due on the 15th of every month.  I dont need someone to remind me.

2) There is a fee charged for every type of payment method except mailing a check or money order, the fees are ridiculous with no fee under $5 per payment.

3) Dont give me a due date, and when I make my payment ON THE DUE DATE, still have someone calling and harassing me the next day accusing me of not making my car payment on time.

4) If I am late on my car payment, I am WELL AWARE of the lateness.  Do not start calling and harassing me, calling me 13+ times a day is harassment (I have proof).  I work and cannot generally answer my phone between the hours of 8am to 5pm eastern time.

5) Is there no such thing as a grace period after the due date?  Every other finance company I have dealt with, you have a grace period AFTER the due date of about 5 days.  If this does exist because I have never asked, then why all the harassing phone calls? (there is no grace period,I was informed)

These are the things that I need to be addressed, if the harassing phone calls continue, I will seek to move my loan to a different company, and I will see what can be done about the excessive number of calls that begin BEFORE my due date.

(Also since I have wrote this letter, I paid for the first time using my account on Westlake's website www.westlakefinancial.com, and was harrassed a couple days after I paid, I was told by a rude hispanic female that Westlake doesnt know that you go and make a payment on their own website, even though you pay a $5 fee to do so.)

If there is any class action law suit being organized, please contact me, I am keeping proof of all the harrassing phone calls, and will start recording my calls too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial/Los-Angeles-California-/Westlake-Financial-Harassment-Poor-Customer-Service-Fees-Los-Angeles-California-993864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial

Know your Subject before you speak

AUTHOR: BrandyE68 - (United States of America)

Since you are so knowledgeable and have so much time on your hands, why don't you educate yourself on the debt collection laws of North Carolina, where I resign:

I have been called before 8:00am, and since there is no specific amount of calls in which it sets the boundaries as being considered harassment, if the court looked through my records, I feel I have a d**n good case.

And as if its any of your business, my car loan is current, everyone has had unexpected bills come up and you have to decide what is your first priority to pay, and with that being said, I have been pre-approved for a home loan; WOW a lot more than my car loan.  Apparently my credit must not be that bad.  I just seem to have gotten the short end of the stick when I bought my car with this loan company.  Obviously I haven't been the only one complaining.  And yes I can have have my loan transferred.

Thanks for letting me know you don't work for Westlake, I wouldn't imagine you work for anyone with all the time on your hands.  I can pass judgement too without knowing you or your story.

BTW (By the way) I am employed and have good credit

Life As a Subprime Borrower

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

There are simple explanations to all your questions.  The reason you ended up with a SUBPRIME lender is because you have a history of NOT paying your bills on time.  Otherwise, you would be paying a much lower APR with a bank as well as other perks.  The reason for all the phone calls is they don't trust you.  Because you shafted other creditors, they are concerned you will shaft them too because a very large number of SUBPRIME borrowers continue in their ways.  Because the BORROWER has generated this mistrust, SUBPRIME lenders manage their accounts closer.  That's the reason for all the phone calls.  True to form, as per your very own admission, you have been a late payer with them too.  Do you actually expect them to sit back and do nothing?  Your contract, if you read it, contains all wording regarding a grace period.  If the contract says there is no grace period, then that's final.  Your threat to move the loan, go ahead and try.  See if anyone else will trust you.  If you can get somebody else to lend you money, Westlake will be paid off by them and Westlake will STILL earn their profit!  You aren't going to hurt them in the least because you don't get your own way.  Finally, your comments regarding a C/A action.  In all probability you don't have a clue what that means.  They are managing their account with appropriate activities as per the nature of your financial history...a documented, verified reputation of NOT paying your bills and a CONTINUED practice on your part of NOT paying them on time either.

And sorry, I don't work for them!