Complaint Review: Westlake Financial

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Discouraged — Dyersburg Tennessee United States of America
Westlake Financial
4751 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, California United States of America

Westlake Financial Harassing calls all day and night before weeks before payment is even due and high unnecessary payments from Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: Truth

*Author of original report: You need to read carefully, get a life

*Consumer Comment: If your credit rating is so great....

*Author of original report: Get your facts straight

*Author of original report: Get your facts striaght

*Consumer Comment: IF you are following ALL terms of your loan agreement and they are violating it...

This company calls 24/7! i receive over 20 or more calls a day from them. They start calling about a week after my payment is due wanting next months payment. This company preys on poor and middle class people with high payments for you to pay off in 3 years or less which is crazy when buying a car that actually works! This company has no compassion for business. They just want money money money and when you dont have it they threaten you. This company needs to be shut down. i took my income tax check and paid over the phone a large amount of money to try and get some of my loan paid off and they called me stating that they never got the money and i needed to make a payment. I told them it was taken out of my checking account and that means that the bill was paid. They said they never received the money and threatened to come and get my car if I didn't pay something that day, which I didn't because I did not have the money and still charged me late fees. The company is such a rip off it is an embarrassment to all loan companies and businesses of America. They should be ashamed of what they do, taking advantage of people they way they do. This is the reason people can't put their faith in businesses anymore because of companies like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial/Los-Angeles-California-90001/Westlake-Financial-Harassing-calls-all-day-and-night-before-weeks-before-payment-is-even-960390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial

Truth

AUTHOR: Politution - (United States of America)

I have been researching threads regarding Westlake Financial Service because of our own personal experience with them. While they may be a Sub-Prime lender, that doesn't excuse abusive behavior and practices. And whats more important, is that they affirm this.

What I have read in this original complaint, seems exaggerated. WSF does call their customers for a week prior to the loan due date. It amounts to 3 times a day. And, often times they will call several more time after the payment has been made. Furthermore, they do have a practice on the floor to provide false and/or misleading information in connection with the Credit Reports.

Fact is, they do practice these habits. That does not make a borrower a Deadbeat, unless the borrow has failed to actually make the payment. I don't agree with your comment in that regard Ken. But I do KNOW that the report was over exaggerated from personal experience.

As a customer who makes all of his payments for the past 30 months, regardless of what I tell them and regardless of what my history reflects with them, the Service Department activities do need to change. They do not have the right to Harass, molest or Stalk us. Right now, that is being addressed in California.

You need to read carefully, get a life

AUTHOR: Discouraged - (United States of America)

I don't know how you are but obviously you can't read because if you could then you should have seen where i said the car dealership is the ones that deal with westlake and I had no other choice but to deal with them. i pay my bills that is why my rating is so good compared to yours. Actually I have only a few bills and they are basic  car, insurance, rent, utilities, preschool, and nothing else. I dont go around getting loans from people that i know I cant pay. Just because you dont pay your bills doesnt mean that I or others dont pay theirs. i have money and make plenty of it. I make 29 bucks an hour what do you make, more than likely nothing and your jealous and have nothing else to do but blame others for what you dont have. get a life and live your own and get over it.

If your credit rating is so great....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

why did you use this lender?

Did you ask them why they were calling you "24/7" and "at least 20 times a day?"

They just don't tie up their people to harrass you for NO reason...you are LYING!

Like I said before, and you didn't get it, pay your bills on time, every time and this will all go away.

Get your facts straight

AUTHOR: Discouraged - (United States of America)

First off you don't even know me to be saying these things. Second this is who the dealer of the car company deals with. Third I did not need  co-signer and put down a larger lump sum without anyone's help. so before you start running your mouth you need to get your facts straight. If my credit was so bad them why did they even loan money to me? I have a credit rating of 6.97 as of today so you need to get all your facts before bashing someone and how they do personal business.

Get your facts striaght

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

As I recall, Westlake is a sub-prime (DEADBEAT) lender and this is likely the ONLY kind of lender that will deal with you. They have heard ALL the excuses, numerous times a day and just don't believe any of them anymore. If this company and other sub-prime lenders like them are "shut down" who would lend to deadbeats like you? Pay your payment in the full amount on time, EVERY time and the calls will stop...see how easy that was?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You should report them to the FTC and the BBB. My guess is, it's YOU that's failing to live up to the agreement you signed. As I recall, Westlake is a sub-prime (DEADBEAT) lender and this is likely the ONLY kind of lender that will deal with you.

They have heard ALL the excuses, numerous times a day and just don't believe any of them anymore. If this company and other sub-prime lenders like them are "shut down" who would load to deadbeats like you? Pay your payment in the full amount on time, EVERY time and the calls will stop...see how easy that was?