Complaint Review: Westlake Financial

• Reported By: Cordova — Farmington New Mexico
Westlake Financial
4751 Wilshire Blvd #100 Los Angeles, California USA

Westlake Financial Title- run-around!!! Los Angeles California

I have financed many cars, and I have never gone through what I am going through by Westlake financial. I bought my car on February 14, 2013 and to date  6/18/13 I have not been able to register my car because they haven't supplied NM MVD with a title. My temporary plates expired on 5/15/13 and I'm now on my second temporary extension issued from NM. Luckily my original temps were good for 90 days, and I know in some states they expire 30 to 45 days after the purchase. Fortunately, my state has given me extensions, but I think that will eventually run out. I did buy my car out of state so I can understand some delays, but 4 months is ridiculous!! I'm starting to wonder if a title for my car even exists! Has anyone else ran into this same problem? What steps do I need to take? Today they called for a payment, I basically told them when I can legally register my car they will get a payment. Fair is fair- temp extensions may run out and I refuse to keep paying for a car that I cannot drive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial/Los-Angeles-California-90054/Westlake-Financial-Title-run-around-Los-Angeles-California-1059987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial