Complaint Review: Westlake Financial

• Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: RowdyTX — Dallas Texas United States of America
Westlake Financial
PO Box 76809 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Westlake Financial rip off auto loan scam automobile finance they will rip you off and try to take your car Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: Jim from Orlando

*Consumer Comment: Same Old SUBPRIME Song and Dance

This company is nasty, dishonest, obnoxious, threatening. DO NOT accept loan from this company!!!!

I have a loan with Westlake I initiated a few years ago during a tough financial time(post divorce). I had a month where I was a couple of weeks late.  NOT 30 or 60 days late. ever.
Beginning the moment you are late by one minute they start calling. They call every couple of hours starting at 8:01am and they don't stop until 9:00pm.  This is SEVEN days a week.
The real problem with this is that it is harassing and unethical.  If the payments is late, they charge a late fee. OK...that is fair enough.  But they call and I would answer and explain that I was sorry I couldn't pay full balance until next paycheck. They would say fine and hang up only to call me back an hour or two later from a different number and the new person calling would have no idea that I had just made arrangements with another person. This happens over and over and over.

The worst part was that after I had paid all of my payments and the loan matured I sent in my last payment and expected to get my title only to find out they had tacked on over $1700 in additional interest.  They could not explain this to me so I asked for a detailed printout of my account which they gladly sent.  The amounts in their records added up to only approx $200 different than my own records.  I explained this to them and found out the approx $200 difference was late fees and interest on the late fees, etc.  I said fine.  They said that I needed to continue to make my regular $500 payment until situation was resolved to remain in good standing, so I mailed another $500 payment and a letter explaining their mistake on the billing which was backed up by THEIR own records.  They can not, will not explain the mysterious additional $1500 that is due on my account.

I am looking into filing a lawsuit, but it's a pain and I'm busy, so I don't know if I'll get around to it.
They now say my account is 29 days past due even though I just made a $500 payment less than 2 weeks ago. I told them I would go ahead and pay the balance on the 2nd and they said that if i don't pay it by tomorrow they will be trying to repossess it.  There is now another company calling me and asking me where I am and where the car is, etc.  The guy is telling me he's gonna find the car before I make the payment and I need to just meet him and turn it in.

The bottom line is I'm sure they do this to EVERY customer.  They notice that your car is almost paid for and they tack a huge BS charge on your account so they have an excuse to repo it.  This a slimy, slimy company.  BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial/Los-Angeles-California-90076/Westlake-Financial-rip-off-auto-loan-scam-automobile-finance-they-will-rip-you-off-and-tr-1005961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial

Jim from Orlando

AUTHOR: Fodus - ()

Jim, you sure are a judgmental person. I have seen your negative comments towards consumers who have complains about Westlake Financial a few different times. I find it hard to believe that you don't either work for that company or have some financial interest in it. People like you who judge others as you have, having little clue as to their situation, make me sick. Get a life, go outside, leave people alone.

Same Old SUBPRIME Song and Dance

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You ended up with them because you shafted other creditors with LATE payments. Like typical SUBPRIME clockwork, you have shafted them with late payments. (Isn't that a surprise!) Speaking of "ethics", not paying your bills on time habitually is not the least bit ethical. So, you make these payments late and surprise, surprise there's this big balance of interest and fees tacked onto the contract. Did you read your paperwork which explains the consequences of making late payments? So go ahead and sue, big spender. The judiciary needs a few laughs now and then. Maybe then you'll learn to pay your bills on time once and for all. No, I don't work for them.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC