Complaint Review: Westlake Financial

• Submitted: Thu, June 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, June 18, 2011

• Reported By: Only 15 days late being harrassed — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
Westlake Financial
P.O Box 54807 Los Angelos, California United States of America

Westlake Financial no grace period, instead harrassment Los Angelos , California

*Consumer Comment: Words of Wisdom ii!

*Consumer Comment: More "wisdom" from mr. rik...

*Consumer Comment: Don't

*Consumer Comment: Where is the RipOff?

*Consumer Comment: Pay that note

Harrassing phone calls from Westlake, all through the day even in the evening...i'm only 2 weeks late on my car payment, I thought that's what late fees are for, right? I told them them to give me a week and they said they have to get it today,or else they are going to come take my vehicle. I  don't understand why they will not work with me in a payment plan...their also calling my friends, why when they have my number to talk to me, it's embarrassing:(.....they said if i don't have the money by tommorow they are going to shut off a device on my car and come pick it up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Financial/Los-Angelos-California-900054/Westlake-Financial-no-grace-period-instead-harrassment-Los-Angelos-California-741829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Financial

Words of Wisdom ii!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Become "Judgment Proof"

Damage the car extensively, I would be glad to offer suggestions.

Don't pay em squat.

RELAX!

More "wisdom" from mr. rik...

AUTHOR: Truth Detector - (USA)

"Don't pay them..."

Splendid advice, moron. That way the consumer can damage credit and be worse off than before.

Rule #1 when considering matters related to money: Don't listen to idiots.

Don't

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Don't pay em squat!

Where is the RipOff?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You made an agreement to pay them on a certain day and you are not meeting up to your agreement.

You are with a Sub-Prime lender because you have had past credit issues.  You have shown that you can't handle your bills(for what ever reason), so of course they are going to be more agressive in collecting...especially if you are late.

Yep..that's the idea.  If you want them to stop calling your friends then make your payments.

- The banks and finance companies that have the shut-off devices generally only allow you to be 3-4 days late before they disable the car.  It sure looks like they are working with you if they have given you two weeks.

I'd be willing to bet that if they do shut off your car you will find someway to get the money, and it won't take you a week.  So just do that same thing BEFORE they shut off the car.

Pay that note

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I  don't understand why they will not work with me in a payment plan"

You are on a payment plan. You are late. Not harassment and not a rip off.