Complaint Review: Westlake Self Storage

• Submitted: Tue, April 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 21, 2009

• Reported By:white plains Maryland
Westlake Self Storage
7010 St. Florian Drive Waldorf, Maryland U.S.A.

Westlake Self Storage Agreed to me a 1 month storage unit rental but even though i was out 4 days early i have to pay for next month Waldorf Maryland

so i've had to move around a couple times in the past year. thought i found this great storage unit rental place behind a fire dept to keep some of my stuff in between places. Figured it would be safe there. well i got a unit and ended up keeping it longer then expected. which of course they loved.

i ended up having a car accident and needed a place to keep my car since i was buying it back from my insurance. i worked out a deal with one of the 2 owners for a 1 month rental on a bigger unit to hold the car.We'll i ended up selling the car as is and cleaned out the unit and swept. left it cleaner then it was when i got in there.

i had a auto check payment setup just in case i needed it a second month that was going to clear 3 days after i was out of the unit. i notified management i would no longer be needing it since i had agreed to a 1 month rental. The exact words of the only employee besides the owners was " to bad, sorry. you still owe us a next months rent because you didn't give us 20 days notice". i explained that i had another unit already and agreed with the owner on a 1 month rental and he had cut me a deal on it since i already had another. Again, "sorry, nothing we can do". i was polite and asked when the one of the owners would be back in. it was the day my payment was going to be due. i called today which is the day it was due and explained to the owner that i had a agreement with her husband on a 1 month rental and my auto check payment was canceled. the Owner told me the same thing her employee told me. "to bad, sorry. even though you were out of your unit early you didn't give us 20 days notice on a 1 month rental. we are going to cash your check anyways and if it bounces we will charge you the 1 months rent with a service charge for a bounced check. and if you don't pay it we will turn you over to our credit collector company".

i never thought i would run into such a problem here. the couple that owns it was so nice when i wanted to move in but now that i wanted to close 1 of my units i feel like i'm being treated horribly. needless to say i immediately put in my vacate notice for my other unit and will be moving it somewhere this weekend.

i hope no one else has to ever go through this.

Jason
white plains, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2009 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westlake-Self-Storage/Waldorf-Maryland-20603/Westlake-Self-Storage-Agreed-to-me-a-1-month-storage-unit-rental-but-even-though-i-was-out-445540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westlake Self Storage