Complaint Review: Westminster Mint

• Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Skipper — Bloomington Minnesota United States of America
Westminster Mint
3300 Fernbrook Ln. #160 Plymouth, Minnesota United States of America

Westminster Mint Company Doesn't Honor Web Site Prices + Adds Extra Charges On Customer Credit Cards Plymouth, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Westminster Defends Itself Against False Allegations

*Author of original report: Complainant

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bogus complaint

*Author of original report: Complainant

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Prices alway honored

Attempted to purchase some coins from Westminster Mint. Their website was not functioning to be able to place order online so I called their office. Talked to a salesman and placed an order. When I got my credit card statement it was for more than the price advertised online. I called the Company and they told me since I was buying gold and silver pieces they couldn't honor the prices on their website, because the "prices for these items fluctuates every 15 minutes!" Plus they said they added 3% to my bill for using a credit card!! I have been buying coins for 30 years and I never run into this. The owner of the Company is a very slippery fellow named Ian Clay. He has an answer for everything--and never admits wrong doing. Note: He watches this website like a hawk and has a terse bs. response for every complaint against him and his company. All I can say is "Where there is smoke, there usually is fire!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 05:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westminster-Mint/Plymouth-Minnesota-55447/Westminster-Mint-Company-Doesnt-Honor-Web-Site-Prices-Adds-Extra-Charges-On-Customer-C-992547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westminster Mint

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Westminster Defends Itself Against False Allegations

AUTHOR: Westminster Mint - (United States of America)

Ripoff Report encourages and even requires authors to only file truthful reports, Ripoff Report does not guarantee that all reports are authentic or accurate.

According to our records we have received no cancelations of unshipped orders or charge backs from any credit card company for goods ordered by Minnesota residents during this period. Like most reputable companies we monitor the Internet in order to defend our reputation against any false or misleading statements. From time to time we make mistakes, and when we do we do our utmost to ensure an outcome that the customer is 100% satisfied with.

Complainant

AUTHOR: Skipper - (United States of America)

Yes-- I did call the crooked salesperson back to cancel, but obviously he did not put that thru to save his  commission. That is why it appearred on my credit card statement, and why ultimately I had to go thru my card processor and do a chargeback.What is so incriminating about this company is that the owner appears to live on this site 24/7. He only would spend that time doing this if he was on the lookout for the steady stream of complaints his company has gotten. If he is not getting complaints up the ying-yang, why would he be looking at this site all the time and coming up with contrived answers all the time?? He points to the A+ rating with the BBB in Mn. That is well and good, but 99% of his business is conducted across the USA because it is all done by phone and Internet. If you check with the FTC, this Company is under investigation currently. If you notice, this owner immediately has filed a response on every single complaint about him and his company within hours!!! There is an old saying--"where there is smoke, there is fire." The complaints are all the same against Westminster Mint: Dishonesty, unauthorized charges on credit cards and bait and switch tactics. It seems pretty obvious, this company is amongst the long list of shady characters in this nefarious industry--despite how much preaching to the choir this owner does. Here's a suggestion, Pal: Spend more time supervising your crooked employees, and less time  responding with trite, illogical excuses on these complaint websites.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bogus complaint

AUTHOR: Westminster Mint - (United States of America)

Ripoff Report encourages and even requires authors to only file truthful reports, Ripoff Report does not guarantee that all reports are authentic or accurate. Be an educated consumer. Read what you can and make your decision based upon an examination of all available information.

The original posting says the consumer found out that he had been charged the wrong amount and was subjected to credit card fees when he received his credit card statement. He now says that he canceled the order after looking at prices on the Internet that were supposedly different from what he was being told on the phone. Our records show no cancelations and refunds for any unshipped orders for this period. Westminster Mint is a reputable company and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Complainant

AUTHOR: Skipper - (United States of America)

As I said in my initial complaint, this owner has an answer for everything. I cancelled my order after I went to the Company's website and verified that the price his salesman quoted me over the phone was higher. The owner should spend more time supervising his crooked salespeople rather than spending all his time looking for complaints about his company on the Internet--of which there are many. The obvious question that begs the answer is why is the owner looking for complaints on the Internet if his company is operating honestly?

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Prices alway honored

AUTHOR: Westminster Mint - (United States of America)

Credit card fees apply to all orders placed online or by phone at Westminster Mint. All prices are finalized and agreed to by the customer prior to an order being entered. Prices quoted over the phone are taken directly from our website and so there can be no difference. We have not received a complaint of this nature in our offices or being given an opportunity to correct any possible error prior to this posting. If the person who posted this would like to contact us and show us any error we may have made in the pricing of his order we will be pleased to honor it.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC