Complaint Review: Westminster Mint

• Updated: Sat, May 28, 2011

• Reported By: MN Consumer — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Westminster Mint
3300 Fernbrook Lane, Suite 160 Plymouth, Minnesota United States of America

Westminster Mint .coin-rare.com Bait-&-Switch. Refused to complete sale of coin in ad. VERY aggressive pitch. Plymouth, Minnesota

Westminster Mint ran a large ad in the Wall Street Journal 5/26/2011, offering a 5-ounce silver coin for $179, and free shipping for the first 500 orders. This would be a good deal, below the bullion value of the silver at Thursday's price of about $37.50 per ounce. When I called, the rep proceeded to take my order and credit card number, then launched on a pitch telling me what a bad coin this was, with nicks and scratches, and trying to upsell me to a better version for $595.

I repeatedly said no, to which he replied "I'll just send it to you for a 30-day review." He launched on endless pitches of other stuff, said I was "stupid" for not buying from him. I told him to conclude the transaction immediately, and he replied that he could talk as long as he wanted, and that the transaction was not completed until he gave me a confirmation number, which he refused to do.

When I asked him how he could do a job like this, he said he was successful in gold and silver, "how about you, huh?" I asked which part of "no" he didn't understand, and he said either the n or the o, then he started pitching another coin. Extraordinarily rude. After 15 minutes I finally hung up.

I will report them to the WSJ, since they refused to honor the offer in their ad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2011 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westminster-Mint/Plymouth-Minnesota-55447/Westminster-Mint-coin-rarecom-Bait-Switch-Refused-to-complete-sale-of-coin-in-ad-VER-734315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westminster Mint