Complaint Review: Westport Auto Center - Credit Acceptance

• Submitted: Fri, September 24, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2007

• Reported By:barnhart Missouri
Westport Auto Center - Credit Acceptance
Saint Charles Rock Road Saint Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Westport Auto Center-Credit Acceptance ripoff-dishonest Missouri - Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: YOU NEVER BOUGHT A CAR FROM WESTPORT AUTO CENTER!

Last August I went to Westport Auto to look at a used Mustang. I took the afternoon off from work. This is the only car I looked at. That afternoon, I was on their lot for 3 hours. I was told their system was down, to come back the next day. I was told what my down payment needed to be and what my notes would be.

I watched a salesman drive off the lot in the mustang, and the other salesmen leave. (I was at the gas station across the street). The next day I called before going to the lot to make sure they were up and running being as I live almost an hour away. I was told all was fine. I drive out to them and they told me the car was sold. The car was still on their lot. They told me that someone had come put a $1,000.00 hold on the car after I left. Even though I saw their salesman drive off the lot. He tried talking me into another car I didn't want, so I left.

2 weeks later, that car was still on their lot for sale!! I then went to another dealership for a car, and was able to get financed through the same finance company (Credit Acceptance) as I would have gone through with Westport Auto. I got a 2001 Cavalier, not what I wanted, but it was a car. Each time Credit Acceptance calls, they ask how the car is running.

In the year I have owned this car, I have been through 2 fuel pumps, a fuel pump harness, 2 ignition switches, and a PCM. The car died 2 days after buying it, and I had to replace the battery. Within a week after the purchase, the dealership had it as all the gages stopped working. The dealership had my car for a month and a half. The car has caught fire on 2 occasions...I have tried fighting with the dealership to take back the car on a lemon law, but they won't.

In order to get financed for another car, I have to re-come up with downpayment and taxes, etc, Not to mention start all over on a loan, and end up at a loss when "trading in" my lemon car! I called the finance company (Credit Acceptance)thinking they could help being as they ask every time how the car is running.... and they said they weren't the one that picked out the car & all they did was finance it.

So now, I am stuck paying $432.00 a month for a car, and even more a month in repairs because the extended warranty they made me buy doesn't want to cover the repairs. The dealership has been great with giving me a loaner car at no charge when the car is in the shop, and did try to get me financed at another company but because my credit isn't all that great, they couldn't do anything to help me with out the car

Ann
barnhart, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2004 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westport-Auto-Center-Credit-Acceptance/Saint-Louis-Missouri/Westport-Auto-Center-Credit-Acceptance-ripoff-dishonest-Missouri-Michigan-109958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westport Auto Center - Credit Acceptance

YOU NEVER BOUGHT A CAR FROM WESTPORT AUTO CENTER!

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

YOU NEVER BOUGHT A CAR FROM WESTPORT AUTO CENTER BUT FROM ANOTHER DEALERSHIP WHO USED CREDIT ACCEPTANCE AS YOUR LENDER! YOUR OWN WORDS THEY SOLD THE CAR YOU WANTED TO BUY SO YOU SEEK REVENGE AND ATTACK THEM ON THE INTERNET WITH FALSE CLAIMS! HOW IS IT WESTPORT AUTO CENTERS FAULT BECAUSE YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A CAR YOU PURCHASED FROM ANOTHER DEALERSHIP AND THE LENDER WHO YOU SIGNED WITH NOT WESTPORT AUTO CENTER. YOU COULD AND SHOULD BE SUED FOR WHT YOU WROTE. THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THIS WEB SITE SHOULD POLICE WHAT THEY LET PEOPLE POST BUT I GUESS THAT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SIT IN GENERAL. THEY SHOULD HAVE THIS POSTING REMOVED BECAUSE IT IS NOT JUST!