Complaint Review: Westway Ford

• Submitted: Sun, March 21, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, March 21, 2004

• Reported By:keller Texas
Westway Ford
1600 E Airport Freeway Irving, Texas U.S.A.

Westway Ford Ripoff Bait and switch tactics false advertising Sleazeballs Liars Irving Texas

I called Westway Ford on Feb. 9 to inquire about an advertisement they had in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Feb. 7th 2004 and Jan 31st 2004. It stated that ALL 2004 EXPEDITIONS WERE ON SALE FOR $9,700 OFF MSRP. I talked to Jeffery Web, which I was told was the sales manager. I asked him if he could have someone look for the specific Expedition that we wanted and if he would honor the $9,700 off of the MSRP per the ad. He said yes to both questions, and that he would have someone on his sales team contact me later.

I got a phone call from Westway Ford salesman Russell Kelley later that week, he stated that they had my vehicle. I asked him about the price, he stated that he was unable to take off the $9700. I informed him that Jeffery Web stated that I could have the $9700 off like what was advertised, but he would not budge, so we ended the conversation. Later that evening, I got a call from another sales manager, Parish Mash, also from Westway Ford. He told me that he had talked to Russell Kelley, and that he could take the $9700. off the specific Expedition we wanted if we financed through Ford Motor Credit, even though the ad only mentioned a $3000 rebate and a Westway Ford discount of $6700 and did not say anything about a FMCC rebate we agreed anyway. He wanted to know when we would come down, so he could have the SUV detailed and ready.

We told him we could be there the next day Feb. 14th. I confirmed with him the VIN # of the SUV and the price. We called again the next day Feb 14th and said that we were on our way to come pick up the vehicle, again we confirmed the VIN # and price and were told that the Expedition would be detailed, ready and parked out front and since the negotiating was already done it would be a fairly quick process. That day, Feb 14th when we arrived at the dealership, Mr. Mash was nowhere to be found. So after waiting for 25 minutes, we asked for Mr. Kelley, he stated that he knew nothing of our deal with Mr. Mash, and again stated that he could only take off $5700. from the SUV. I asked if we could talk to Mr. Mash.

When we finally were able to talk to Mr. Mash, we found out that our SUV was not ready, and that he was trying to switch the one we wanted to a totally different SUV an XLT version, even though the night before and that day we gave him the VIN # to the one that we wanted, and he agreed to the price. At this time he told us if we would take the XLT he would give us an additional $300 off for a total of $10,000 off MSRP for that vehicle only. The Expedition we had agreed on was a 2004 Eddie Bauer Version, VIN # 1FMPU17L64LA94507 with a MSRP of 40530, he switched it to a 2004 XLT version with apx., $7000 worth of Dealer add ons. When we refused the XLT, Parish Mash stated that he could not let the Eddie Bauer go for the previously agreed upon price. So we finally left, after apx. 1 hour of waiting.

Kevin
keller, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2004 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westway-Ford/Irving-Texas-76248/Westway-Ford-Ripoff-Bait-and-switch-tactics-false-advertising-Sleazeballs-Liars-Irving-Tex-84794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westway Ford