Complaint Review: Westway Ford

• Submitted: Thu, October 31, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, October 31, 2002

• Reported By:GRAPEVINE texas
Westway Ford
801 W. Airport Freeway Irving, Texas U.S.A.

Westway Ford Service & Sales Department discovered new vehicle damage then damaged it more Irving Texas

Westway Ford Service & Sales Department discovered new vehicle purchased was damaged and then damaged more when transmission service was done.

Was sold a new 2003 Ford Escape. Transmission failed after 4 days. Transmission replaced, but not installed correctly. Looked underneath car and found crushed pinch welds and crushed frame rails from whomever lifted the car. After further investigation, we found tape and a half-assed paint touch-up from where the car was dinged.

They straightened the dent, but failed to repair the under carriage damage they did. They promised they would have to. We have received several different stories from the service manager, Drew, as well as the service adviser, Joe Conyers. Basically, I bought what I thought was a brand new vehicle. I received a lemon with a shotty transmission and body damage. The dealership damaged the vehicle further and refused, by their actions, to repair it.

They then threatened me to charge me for the rental car they provided,(crappy 2001 ford escort). I am a restaurant manager with an extremely popular concept. My fiancee is a certified estimator in the collision industry. The fact that they have done this infuriates me and makes me want to go public with my story. I come in contact with over 500 people daily. My fiancee has hundreds if not thousands of contacts in her industry.

We would be thrilled if we can prevent Westway Ford from getting away from this crap. I have owned a lemon that I have had in my possession one week out of four since the date of purchase. I think it is rediculous that a customer can be treated the way I have.

Sincerely,
Larry
Grapevine, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2002 12:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westway-Ford/Irving-Texas/Westway-Ford-Service-Sales-Department-discovered-new-vehicle-damage-then-damaged-it-more-33892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westway Ford