Complaint Review: Westwood College Alta Colleges

• Submitted: Wed, January 31, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2007

• Reported By:falls church Virginia
Westwood College Alta Colleges
7619 Little River Turnpike Annandale, Virginia U.S.A.

Westwood College Alta Colleges Dishonest, Ripoffs, Scammers. Took loan money without notifying me and left me in deep debt. Ripoff Annandale Virginia

*Consumer Comment: In the same mess

*Consumer Suggestion: File Law Suit Westwood College

I am a former Westwood college student who just dropped-out today. I have been at westwood for 4 months and I got the worst of it. It all started with the recruiters who lied and deceived me until the first day of school. I was told that I was gonna pay a certain amount but it all changed one day before the start of school. I was forced to sign the papers because it was last minute and I couldn't change my mind and apply to any other school. I must be honest and acknowledge that the instructors are good people but most of them have no clue what they're teaching. Unlike real college and university instructors, Westwood's staff have a list of instructions on a sheet of paper that they tell their students and you're expected to learn. The worst part of it all was today when I came to sign my drop out form. They made me sign the form before showing the financial papers. I was late on a couple $150 payments, but instead of informing me, they decided to pull all the loan money which will be charging me 18% interest if I don't pay within 3 months.I found myself with almost $5,000 in debt for only 4 months that I attended. What makes this worse is that the 25 credits I received will not be accepted by any other school. Before attending the school, me and my father deliberatley asked them if the school was accredited. It was, but the trick is that it is the lowest form of accreditaion . Then I specifically asked if the credits could be transferred to GMU, they responded with "sure". I was an idiot to believe them. I called GMU 3 months later and they almost laughed at me. I'm having a feeling of both anger and betrayal and I warn any student planning to attend the school to listen to former students before you're added to the victim list.

I am desperately looking for justice and if anyone can give me a link or contact info please respond to this report.

A
falls church, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2007 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College-Alta-Colleges/Annandale-Virginia-22003/Westwood-College-Alta-Colleges-Dishonest-Ripoffs-Scammers-Took-loan-money-without-notif-233812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College Alta Colleges

In the same mess

AUTHOR: Jeanelle - (U.S.A.)

I'm filing a lawsuit myself. There is already another one in process. I am curious you said they pulled loan money? From Sallie Mae I'm guessing? And you say you have to pay it off in 3 months? Bull... They CANNOT pull out loans for you, I have one of their financial advisors own words to prove that. Besides they need power of attorney to do that. Get your self a lawyer and spread the word! Contect me, I'm working on my own case as I type and would love to hear of some more proof.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

File Law Suit Westwood College

AUTHOR: Norris - (U.S.A.)

I was a teacher at this school for two terms. I saw how the school stole from each and everyone of the students.

If you are in Virginia you should sart by contacting both Senator's and explaining that you have a complaint for the US Department of Education. Then find someone at the Washington Post to explain your story. Last you can file a claim in Fairfax Country Small Claims Court, Go to court explain it to the judge. Westwood may not even show up in court, then you automatically win.