Complaint Review: Westwood College - Alta Colleges

• Submitted: Tue, April 04, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 04, 2006

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Westwood College - Alta Colleges
4232 North Freeway Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Westwood College - Alta Colleges Ripoff Westwood College is a SCAM! Fort Worth Texas

As an employee of Westwood College, I held the position of Financial Aid Advisor for newly enrolled students. During my time there, I was in contact with over 1,000 students; I assisted them with and processed their funding for school. While employed at Westwood College, I grew to understand the basic processes of Federal Financial Aid and overall administration of this school. I was witness the manipulation of students' hopes and dreams for a better future, while the administration lied with flagrant disregard of our educational system and the facts about the school being misrepresented. I fulfilled my role as Financial Aid Advisor to the best of my abilities (and moral conscience), as I watched student after student being herded through an inadequate system that charges exorbitant tuition and does not fulfill the promises it makes. At an average cost of $30,000 for a swift 17-20 month program, it seems that the pressure of Westwood's accelerated design allows for stressed and under-qualified faculty/staff, unresolved interdepartmental conflicts, rushed and overlooked processes/procedures, and a general lack of concern for it's students or the quality of education being provided. Consequently, Westwood's school structure along with an ineffective administration (directed from a corporate level), has led to high attrition rates for students, faculty, and staff; and this attrition (sure to be above the national average) helps perpetuate the poor quality of the school overall. Through my experiences as a Financial Aid Advisor and as witness to their disregard of the rules involved, I know that Westwood is in the business of education for only one reason, to make lots of money. And, when considering that 60-75% of a student's tuition is guaranteed to be paid to Westwood by the Federal Government, I have come to summarize their business practices simply as: a racquet to obtain Federal funds.

Former FA Advisor
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2006 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College-Alta-Colleges/Fort-Worth-Texas-76137/Westwood-College-Alta-Colleges-Ripoff-Westwood-College-is-a-SCAM-Fort-Worth-Texas-184962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College - Alta Colleges