Complaint Review: Westwood College Online

• Submitted: Thu, June 28, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, July 01, 2007

• Reported By:carol stream Illinois
Westwood College Online
westwoodonline.com Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Westwood College Online Salesman in disguise Denver Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Right to Cancellation

This place sucks. Do not go there please. I first checked a box online and advisor called me asking me a thousand question while he called himself screening me. I thought ok because they have to know about me right. At the end of the convo I had to pay a 100 dollar application fee. What a waste. After that I asked them to send me a detailed description of the program and classes in which I never recieved. They call me 5 times a day about financial aid.

I was registering mid-term but after some thought I decided to wait until the fall. When I told them this I felt like I was talking to a used car salesman. They said oh no you should go now. The advisor just kept pushing until I finally caved.

Two weeks of speaking with advisors and requesting information I recieved very little. Hell They couldn't even tell me when the academic year was, but they wanted me to pay 15,000 a year. What a rip off. So one day before I finished my fasfa I just stopped answering the phone for those thirsty bastards. Luckily I'm only out of the 100 bucks. I will continue to look around a good school that isn't on this site.

Anthony
carol stream, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2007 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College-Online/Denver-Colorado/Westwood-College-Online-Salesman-in-disguise-Denver-Colorado-257421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College Online

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Right to Cancellation

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

Unless things have changed dramatically, you are due $75.00 refundable upon request. While it seems you've gotten the run around you have one year (unless those rules have changed) to submit your refund request form. Unfortunately you'll have to ask them for it. I would check your enrollment agreement which should state those terms. If you applied for any loans through Stafford or Sallie Mae, I would make sure that those have been canceled through both the school and the company themselves.