plain

• Reported By:prairie du chien Wisconsin
Westwood College Online
westwoodonline.edu Internet U.S.A.

Westwood College Online pushing too hard to sign up Online Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fight Westwood!

*Consumer Suggestion: Watch out

*Consumer Suggestion: How to protect yourself from Westwood College

*Consumer Comment: Same here...

I applied to the Westwood college online and right away they were on me trying to get me to sign up. I wanted to sign up for a college but I was not ready yet. They told me there was no sense in waiting to go to college.
I was told that i needed to sign up for the march 15th semester. I was so close to signing up that i printed off the information i needed to sign. They rushed me to get it turned in by the beginning of the next week. I let my grandma read the information before I signed it and sure enough something did not sound right about it.
I decided not to sign up which was probably a good idea. I called and cancelled my sign up date yet they still called me wondering why. I decided not to call them back due to their persistance.

josh
platteville, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2006 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College-Online/internet/Westwood-College-Online-pushing-too-hard-to-sign-up-Online-Internet-175953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College Online

Fight Westwood!

AUTHOR: Sj - (U.S.A.)

It started with only a handful of students....and now over 250 former students in Texas are suing Alta Colleges (Westwood College)...Their suit is based "deceitful trades and practices", and they are supported in their case by former employees and teachers. The fact is, the corruption and immoral business practices of this school are system wide (in 6 states & on-line).

In order to seek retribution...join forces with current/former students and employees...there are many people who know what Westwood is a scam! Please consult with an fraud attorney and check your state laws to see what your educational/consumer rights are.

CHECK OUT these Dallas News reports from WFAA-Ch. 8

Best of luck!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Watch out

AUTHOR: Johnny - (U.S.A.)

Yes like Amy suggested read the fine print. I go to Westwood college at Dupage and I regret doing it. I dont see how the state and government let schools like Westwood lie to students to get away with it. I bet if I started a school and did the same thing I would be shut down with the quickness. But its all up to the students. One person cant be heard. Its gonna take hundreds. But be VERRRRY careful dealing with these people.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

How to protect yourself from Westwood College

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I attended Westwood College in Illinois and learned the hard way you need to read all the fine print. To protect yourself financially and emotionally don't rely on what the "advisors" briefley tell you. What they often tell you turns out to be the opposite of what really would happen. If you do sign anything from the financial aid department have an accountant look over it before you sign your life away. (I managed to save myself $4,000 by having my accountant look over every little detail)The contracts you may have to sign might have more than one page and make sure to read the small print on the back of them. It may take time and the financial adivsors will probably tell you what they want you to hear. Get copies of all paper work you sign and don't sign unless you truly understand what you are getting into. Make sure the advisor signs it him or herself and dates the paper work correctly. If they try to pressure you into signing on the dotted line before you are ready to, trust your instinct. Sleep on it, think about it and make sure this is what you really want. Ask about what your student rights are and get a copy of it and don't throw away any paper work you receive from Westwood College. If you have to have any financial aid meetings with and "advisor" make an appointment and have a witness come with you. Anytime they say something to you have them put it in writing on corporate stationary paper. If you decide to sign the promisary notes for the federal and or stafford loans ask for the disclosure note up front before you sign. This is my advise to anyone who is considering attending this college.

Same here...

AUTHOR: Shaun - (U.S.A.)

I gave my information to Westwood and a few other online colleges and they really go after contacting the people. I've gotten calls from 3 different online schools constantly for the last 3 weeks. I think the ONLY school that didn't call me was pennfoster.edu. They nicely sent me information in the mail and that was it.