Complaint Review: Westwood College, Westwood College Online, Westwood College Of Technology

• Submitted: Sun, November 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 19, 2010

• Reported By: KLSZ — California United States of America
Westwood College, Westwood College Online, Westwood College Of Technology
1551 S. Douglass Road Internet United States of America

Westwood College, Westwood College Online, Westwood College Of Technology WESTWOOD COLLEGE SALLIE MAE DO NOT CARE Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Non-US Citizen, Westwood cannot enroll

I started school 2004 ofter I graduated high school, I went to Westwood college in Anaheim, CA.  I went in and told them my situation, I just turned 18, from a low income family no  education and no knowledge of school loans. The school told me that the Criminal Justice fild was a growing one,  the tuition fee was 35,000 for the 3 years.I finished my first year and my I mest up my credit and I have been jumping from job to job. I finished and graduated from Westwood, and I started to apply for goverment jobs, Probation , CHP, Sheriff Department to be short every where I could apply I did, I was turn down becouse I have bad credit, poor work history and I am not a USA citizen to top it off.....

I had no knowledge of what to expect when I started college, that goverment jobs look for good credit, good work history and USA citizen.

NOW I CAN'T GET A GOVERMENT JOB INTILL I CLEAR MY CREDIT BUT I CAN'T CLEAR MY WORK HISTORY, AND TO BECOME A USA CITIZEN YOU NEED MONEY AND I LIVE FROM PAY CHECK TO PAY CHECK...

AND KNOW I HAVE A SCHOOL LOAN THAT IS 56,000 AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT GOT THAT HIGH, AND THE FIRST YEAR I WAS MAKING PAYMENT EVERY 2 TO 4 WEEKS.

I HAVE LOOK FOR A JOB SINCE I GRADUATED IN 2007 AND NO LUCK!!!!!!! I CAN'T GET A JOB IN MY FIELD, AND I FEEL I CAN'T DO ANY THING WITH MY DEGREE.

I WISH THEY WOULD HAD TOLD ME WHAT THE HELL TO EXPECT!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2009 04:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College-Westwood-College-Online-Westwood-College-Of-Technology/internet/Westwood-College-Westwood-College-Online-Westwood-College-Of-Technology-WESTWOOD-COLLEGE-527105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College, Westwood College Online, Westwood College Of Technology

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Non-US Citizen, Westwood cannot enroll

AUTHOR: Mkdenver1 - (U.S.A.)

I used to work for Westwood and I know for a fact that one of the requirements is you must be a US Citizen to attend classes.

There could be some legal issues here if you completed courses and were never a US Citizen to begin with.

I swear, this company (it's not a college, it's a corporation) will do anything to get students in no matter how non-qualified they are.  Apologies for coming off strong there to you, but unless things changed, you should have never been able to take classes in the first place.