Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2008

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Westwood College
2309 Parklake Drive Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Westwood College Unfair and unethical practices Atlanta Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: it's normal for colleges to not release transcripts...

I would love to have an attorney contact me regarding illegal practices at Westwood College. This college is all about money and getting as much as they can. This school continuously charges me more money for their mistakes. Westwood charges full tuition amounts even if you do not take a full class load. I ran out of financial aid because several semesters I could not take a full course load, but I was still charged the full amount.

Well the reason I didn't take the full course load was because Westwood DID NOT offer the classes for me to take. If they do not offer the classes I need it's not too possible for me to take them. When this point was brought up, no one seemed to care. So because they did not offer the courses I needed, I have to pay extra money.

Many people also do not know that Westwood will not release your transcripts, verify that you have graduated to potential employers, or give you a physical diploma until they have received all the money that you owe them. What kind of educational institution does this? How are you supposed to get a job in your field if your employer cannot verify that you graduated?

This school is a total rip-off, beyond what can even be put in writing. The only time they seem to care about doing things right is when the accreditation people come around. I even have an email from an instructor stating that things must be done right this term because they are being audited by the accreditation agency. I wonder if the accreditation agency would like to know about how things are not done appropriately when they are not there. Please do yourself a favor and do not go to this school.

Somewhere
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2008 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/Westwood-College-Unfair-and-unethical-practices-Atlanta-Georgia-300196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

it's normal for colleges to not release transcripts...

AUTHOR: Mkdenver1 - (U.S.A.)

To respond to your report on Westwood, this is the only thing I would defend about them. ALL colleges are required to hold back your transcripts, diploma, even walking the stage until all fees and tuition is paid. This is a common practice and not just a Westwood thing.

But everything else you say about them is true. They are completely a for-profit college like DeVry is as well, but they are much more unethical than most other colleges.

My advice to you is stay away from Westwood and University of Phoenix.

I am currently enrolled at DeVry and everything so far has been extremely smooth. My classes are quite challenging, but all behind-the-scenes stuff is all going very well and everyone is treating me with extreme professionalism.

I am very sorry to hear that you're another victim of Westwood's antics. One of these days that college will be out of business and the world will be down to just one extreme for profit college: U of P.