Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Submitted: Mon, June 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Palmer Texas
Westwood College
8390 LBJ Freeway Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Westwood College Worthless Education - Endless promises to help find a job. Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: An all too common story

I am filing a report against Westwood College of Dallas, Tx. They offered promises they didn't keep. I was promised job placement after graduation, which is in 2 weeks, and I have heard nothing from the school. I found my own extern site and am having to look for my own job. Since I have no experience noone will hire me. I thought my extern site and all the schooling I went through was enough. Seems like that was not true. I have no job and my loans will be coming in soon and how will I pay for them with no job. I believe like many out there I was ripped off and now I want to know what to do about this mess. I spent 10 months going to school to better myself and to have a career in something and now I seem to have waisted all that time.

Shelley
Palmer, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2009 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College/Dallas-Texas-75243/Westwood-College-Worthless-Education-Endless-promises-to-help-find-a-job-Dallas-Texas-457466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College

An all too common story

AUTHOR: Nn - (U.S.A.)

Hi Shelley,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Unfortunately, you are not alone. Westwood is well known for being one of the biggest rip-offs in the business. They make promises that they have no means (and no intention) of keeping.

In my opinion, the responsibility of job placement falls on the student, not the school. That being said, Westwood (or any other "career" school) should not be promising job placement to their students. In fact, a reputable university will never need to offer job placement as an incentive to attend their school. Unfortunately though, job placement is just one of the many bogus things Westwood promises their students (they probably also told you that it was going to cost $150 a month to go to school there, and that your credits would transfer). The truth is, they probably don't have any more job placement ability than you do.

All things considered, you're probably better off than a lot of students who have been tricked by this school. Imagine how the people that have gone there for 3 or 4 years feel. I have read reports that some Westwood grads now owe $60-$70,000 dollars and employers are basically laughing at them. 10 months may seem like a long time, but not when you consider that it takes at least 4 years to get a bachelors degree from a reputable school. Unfortunately, your credits will not transfer to any of those reputable schools (UT, A&M, Texas Tech, etc).

I can't post links on here, but you can do a search on you tube for "Westwood College Expos." That will take you to a report that News 8 did about the same campus that you went to. There is also a face book group called "Warnings about Westwood." It's put together by a group of attorneys who just filed a lawsuit against the school (one of many).

Good luck with everything!

Neil