Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Submitted: Sat, December 04, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 16, 2011

• Reported By: Josh — Denver Colorado U.S.A.
Westwood College
Denver, Colorado United States of America

Westwood College I was lied to Denver, Colorado

*General Comment: The Truth About Westwood!

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone

I am a recent high school grad who has researched multiple schools. I spoke to a representive at Westwood College named Ryan H who sold me a dream in the CJ program. I was promised a salary of between 50 and 90 thousand dollars. I was given personal examples of past grads in the industry. I wanted to further research the school and asked to speak to Ryans boss. I spoke a to John Smith, (NOT SURE IF THATS HIS REAL NAME) I was questioned if I was serious regarding college and was questioned if I was ready and commited to becomming accepted to their school.

My parents were hesitant about applying for the fiinincal aid, but I assured them based on the stats I was assured, I felt I could be successful. I recently left Westwood College due to research I personally conducted in the industry. I wish I could go back in time and take back the decision to attend Westwood College. I now owe student loans and have no idea how I will repay the money I borrowed. I start a job on Monday at a retail store and hope to pay off what I owe so my parents are not stuck with my mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2010 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College/Denver-Colorado-80221/Westwood-College-I-was-lied-to-Denver-Colorado-668204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College

#1 General Comment

The Truth About Westwood!

AUTHOR: Lookin For Justice - (USA)

Everything you need to know about Westwood is in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNzE71vtKw

You are not alone

AUTHOR: Leroy - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry that you fell victim of this for profit diploma mill. I am unfortunately a graduate of Westwood college and also a victim. Since graduating, I have discovered that I was lied to during the admission process, type of education received was not worth the money I spent and the degree I received is not worth the ink used to print it. I also owe over $80,000 to three different lenders. Westwood recently voluntarily withdrew from Regional accreditation. National accrediting agency has placed them on probation. Several States have sent a cease and desist letter to Westwood. Consider yourself lucky that you did not go through with this fake and misleading educational opportunity. There are thousands of prior students that have discovered the same thing all too late. If you Google Westwood scammed me, you will find a website where you can tell your story to an attorney, Jillian. There is also a class action lawsuit against this college you can join. You can find more information about this from that web site as well.

responsibilities