Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Submitted: Thu, April 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2009

• Reported By:Westminster Colorado
Westwood College
3150 Sheridan Boulveard Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Westwood College falsified promise of graduation and then after 3 years told me it would cost more money to get the degree. The advisor who was suppose to help me with this process magical disappear. Denver Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Facebook Group to Warn about Westwood College

*Consumer Suggestion: You get out whatever you are willing to put in. Online learning is for Self-starters and not the faint of heart.

Westwood college promised a degree within a 4 year timeframe. They would not let you monitor or pick your own classes they keft that up to an advisor. After 3 years of being there they told me I had no core classes which theri advisor was to make sure I had and told me it would be another 4 years and even had finanical aid their to sign me up for more money. I beleive they misrepresented themselves and are now asking me to pay for an education which they didn't give me .

Selena
Westminster, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2008 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College/Denver-Colorado-80227/Westwood-College-falsified-promise-of-graduation-and-then-after-3-years-told-me-it-would-c-326822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Facebook Group to Warn about Westwood College

AUTHOR: Jill Estes - Consumer Warning Network - (U.S.A.)

My name is Jill Estes and I am a lawyer with a consumer advocacy group in Tampa, FL. We have begun an investigation into Westwood College and Westwood College Online. Our research is potentially leading to a class action lawsuit, but while we pursue the legal avenues, we've created a forum for all prior Westwood students to share their stories and to warn other students or potential students about the college's practices. I saw your post on (((Redacted))) and thought you would be interested in answering this rallying cry. If you are a Facebook user, please join the group "Warnings about Westwood College!" and share your story. We'll use this forum to provide updates if a case is filed as well as to find stories to highlight in any investigative pieces that we do. Please also share this site with any other former or current Westwood students that you know. The more people that participate, the louder your voices will be heard!

Jillian Estes, Esq.
Consumer Warning Network
(((Redacted)))

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lunaticfish - (U.S.A.)

I am in my final 2 weeks of a Bachelors Degree at Westwood online, and have found the college experience to be nothing but positive. College is not a hand-holding experience, but is an opportunity to show that you can cut it in the real world, where you are going to be responsible for yourself. It is up to the individual to take control of their future, and to stay atop of their education.
At any time one is able to see what the core classes as well as majors are, that are the requirements for your degree. It is not a hard task to check these off your list as you complete them (when you sign up for a degree course, you are given a syllabus). To simply say that "nobody told me" is the most feeble of excuses when the information you say was not given to you is in fact available in any number of places.

Westwood College, in my experience, has only ever afforded me quality education from quality instructors.

#3 Consumer Suggestion