unconscious

Complaint Review: Westwood College,

• Submitted: Sun, December 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 19, 2010

• Reported By: Just looking — Westmont Illinois U.S.A.
Westwood College,
Woodridge, Illinois United States of America

Westwood College, Definately reconsidering enrollment in this school after completing my online research Woodridge, Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Way to not move forward with these thieves!

*Consumer Comment: Advice

*Author of original report: You are correct Susan - I could have just replied to one of the many complaints

*Consumer Comment: What?

I visited Westwood College these past weeks to determine if an education there would advance my career.  I had no problem passing the entrance exam and have proceeded to the financial aid department.

I only caught my Admissions Rep in one lie: he lied about the salary I should expect with my degree. Not bad considering what other students have had to deal with.

My hesitation comes from the reality that these nationally accredited, for profit schools offer a degree that will not advance a persons career.  Would I enjoy going to school there?  Absolutely, however the amount of debt that would be incurred just to have fun doesn't make a bit of sense.

I see that Westwood recently settled a lawsuit in the amount of 7 million dollars for misleading students and fudging the job placement stats.  I have to wonder why the Federal Government is willing to lend to Westwood students???  Is it fair to say that the Government is in on this education scam?

I will be looking at Regionally Accredited schools in the following weeks to come.  I need a degree that will put me in a rewarding and monetarily satisfying career.

Sorry Westwood, looks like you have some work to do to get my business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2009 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College/Woodridge-Illinois-60517/Westwood-College-Definately-reconsidering-enrollment-in-this-school-after-completing-my-o-545819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College,

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Way to not move forward with these thieves!

AUTHOR: Mkdenver1 - (U.S.A.)

I applaud you for not moving forward with taking courses from this place.  You could have been taken for some serious rides and not in a fun way!

I am a former Admissions rep and one of the things we are taught in training is that National Accreditation is better than Regional.  Yeah, that's a laugh.  Only the opposite is true, but they bang it into our heads and make us believe it.

We were also taught to "do what it takes" to get students enrolled.  Our job security depended on it.  If we didn't bait poor students in, errrrrr I mean, get enrollments, we could easily be fired for not meeting required sales numbers, errrrrrr "goals."

I don't really recommend any for-profit school, but if these career schools are the best for you, make sure it is regionally accredited (NOT UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX WHICH PROBABLY PAID FOR THEIR REGIONAL ACCREDITATION) and not nearly as many reports here on ROR.com.  I'd recommend taking a look at DeVry based right there in Chicago.  Not your typical for-profit school.

Best of luck to you in your search for quality non-watered down education!

Advice

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You didn't say what you want to do.  Check COD and see if the classes you want and can be transferred if you want to advance your career.

I raised my two kids in an apartment in Westmont and they went to COD. My Oldest is an RN at Edwards. My youngest who needed Special Ed his entire school time, is a boss of the accounting department at a major corporation.

I wish ROR had a way of emailing someone without telling the world your email address.

Check COD, there is a branch in Westmont and everyone there is very nice and helpful.

You are correct Susan - I could have just replied to one of the many complaints

AUTHOR: Just looking - (U.S.A.)

Let's just say my research has avoided a potential rip off thanks to Ripoff Report and other sites like it.

What?

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Your complaint is that you have not have been ripped off?